New Jersey

Looking for a venue...

Recently engaged and looking for venue ideas...so far we've only looked at websites. Stone House in Warren, NJ and Liberty House in Jersey City, NJ have caught my eye. I'm from north/central NJ...any suggestions of places that are similar to these or that have a modern look?

Re: Looking for a venue...

• edited December 2011
    maritime parc- it's new and very modern...across from liberty house
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in getting married 7/3/11 at SEASONS, please pm me!
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Michelle221 - do youwork at the seasons? I always see you posting on here about it. . .

• edited December 2011
    naninas in the park just recently got redone.. im getting married there i love it
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_looking-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:e2428de8-f3b8-47d4-b333-c158a71fdb26Post:5b7fc3dc-ff55-48ca-ab81-87159af58f70">Re: Looking for a venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Michelle221 - do youwork at the seasons? I always see you posting on here about it. . .
    Posted by altimat873[/QUOTE]

i believe she had to cancel her wedding and is hoping someone will want her date so she can get her deposit back.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_looking-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:e2428de8-f3b8-47d4-b333-c158a71fdb26Post:daebc55b-4000-4f5e-9044-bc795e1bff2f">Re: Looking for a venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for a venue... : i believe she had to cancel her wedding and is hoping someone will want her date so she can get her deposit back.
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

That is true.
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_looking-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:e2428de8-f3b8-47d4-b333-c158a71fdb26Post:5b7fc3dc-ff55-48ca-ab81-87159af58f70">Re: Looking for a venue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Michelle221 - do youwork at the seasons? I always see you posting on here about it. . .
    Posted by altimat873[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, I should have explained. Yes, unfortunately I had to cancel my wedding and I will lose my deposit if the room is not rebooked. That is why I've been trying to spread the word that the main ballroom is available for Sunday evening, July 3, 2011.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what type of place or for how many people you are having but check out the Waterside in North Bergen. We booked it. It is new and has a great view, plus great food: )
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

oh ok thanks for clarifying - I was confused why that specific date was mentioned

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Palace at Somerset Park. I looked at The Stone House and although, we loved the venue (it was the first one we saw), the sales girl was so incompetent and after we saw The Palace, NOTHING compared. I would highly recommend going there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our reception was at The Tides Estate in North Haledon, and we were very happy with it.

Can you tell us what area of the state you're looking in, and how much money you want to spend? That'll help us give more specific recommendations.

And what factors in Stone House and Liberty House do you like? What features do they have that you want in other venue options? Waterfront venue, NYC view, not a typical reception hall, certain menu items, etc.?

Do you need to have your ceremony at the same site, or are you just looking for a reception venue?
  • edited December 2011

We're looking for a place in northern NJ. We live in Sussex county right on the border of Morris county so maybe an hour at most for traveling would be ideal. I loved the design of both places...something modern/contemporary or with a NYC feel. I like the idea of a waterfront venue but it's not a must.

Another thought we had was the W in Hoboken...I do not know prices but I'm thinking it may be too expensive. We are still discussing whether we'll have the ceremony & reception separate or together.

• edited December 2011
    Michelle, sorry to hear that but we are looking to get married in 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Richelle,
    I was looking at Waterside's website but they don't have any information regarding wedding prices. Are they fairly reasonable?
  • edited December 2011
    We were looking for that NYC feel as well!

We looked at the Liberty House, The Chart House, Waterside, The W in Hoboken, and finally decided on the Westin in Jersey City.

Prices for the Chart House and Waterside (from what we were quoted) were in the $120-$130/pp range (including taxes).

Waterside is beautiful in terms of decor and views but the bridal suite was smaller and I felt that if we had more than 100 people we might be a bit tight with dancing (our family is "pleasantly plump").

Chart House had amazing views, but there was a lot of construction going on outside that "should" be finished by our date and I wasn't going to take that chance.

The W in Hoboken isn't that horrible in terms of price (depending on what you are looking to spend). Final numbers from them was $158/pp including tax and tip (you also got a suite for the night in the hotel) but it was a bit too modern for our taste (stone benches in the lobby) and that price included 4 hours open bar not 5.

We decided to go with the westin because we loved the location and what we got for the $. We gave them a total $ amount we wanted to stick to and they were able to tell us what different options we could get for that price. 3 hotel rooms are included for 1 night (2 reg rooms for parents and 1 2 room bridal suite) and you get an entire floor of event space for your private use which is great. Only drawback (maybe for you) is that the ballroom does not have NYC views.  

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You could also look into Michael Anthony's in Jersey City. It's right on the waterfront, and the website photos look nice.

I don't have any info on the facility or menus/pricing, though, since they only opened it right after we already booked our reception venue ... too bad, since it's about 5 minutes from our church.

I've heard mostly good reviews for The Chart House, not so much for the Liberty House.

Would you want to consider anything in Brooklyn? I've heard pretty good reviews for this place: http://bubbys.com/brooklyncatering.html
  • edited December 2011

We looked at the W in Hoboken as well and the big downside for us was that the ballroom didn't have any views.  Also, parking and overnight accomodations seemed a bit on the expensive side for our guests.  Other than those things, it was really lovely and the price wasn't bad. 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards