Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Potential photographer's wife will be 9 mos pregnant at my date

2 great photographers take beautiful photos and are somewhat comparable in price. They're very different--1 is a young couple who has just gotten into the business within the past few yrs. I like their perspective, it feels very modern. The other is a seasoned studio with years & years of wedding experience. They know to straighten your gown when you're walking, pack sewing kits, etc. I'm having a hard time deciding.

Here's one important fact: the wife of the seasoned photog will be about 9 mos pregnant at my wedding date. Obviously if she goes into labor, he's gone. Their contract states in an emergency they wouldn't leave me high & dry and would find someone to cover. But is it too big of a risk to book the seasoned guy? I'm thinking that factor alone might make the decision an easy one...

Re: Potential photographer's wife will be 9 mos pregnant at my date

• edited December 2011
    My wife and I own a wedding photography company and our opinion is to go with whomever you are most comfortable with, along with which style of photography you enjoy more.  I honestly would be concerned a bit as well with the pregnancy aspect.  Hope this helps.  kmd creations.  www.kmdcreations.com
  • orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I were in your shoes I would definitely go for the photographer I knew would be there. The seasoned one sounds great, but what if you're stuck with his stand-in? Will they be as good?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think I would go with the younger couple too.  If that was our situation the way our luck is she would go into labor in the middle of the ceremony!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm surprised she's accepting bookings. I'd go with the person who isn't going to be pregnant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards