Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Happy Friday!

Good Morning everyone.  I was all motivated to do work this morning and now our server is down, so I'm kind of stuck.

How is everyone today?  We had about an inch of snow on the ground this morning and I ran out of windshield wiper fluid halfway to work.  I hate when that happens.

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    Morning! I hate when you actually want to be productive and can't, Stacks.

I'm working from home today...feeling better and less swollen but definitely glad I didn't have to brave the office quite yet. The dogs were just having WWIII around my feet, but now they are sleeping like little angels, which is much better :) Oh, and I've got a doctor's appt at lunchtime to figure out this BC situation, so I'm generally feeling more positive than I was this time yesterday.
  • Options
    Emily I wasn't around yesterday......how are you feeling after the wisdom teeth?  Was it better or worse then you were imagining? 
  • Options
    Good morning! I'm watching the news and reading old FFF's that are greatly entertaining. Greatly.

I have no plans this weekend! Just wine with the girls tonight, Christmas shopping and lunch tomorrow, and that's about it! We're in a winter weather advisory, and it's gonna get cold. ColdER.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Stacks, I'm ok. It hurts but not THAT badly, it's just kind of a pain still being swollen. The worst part was right before actually getting them out, I was terrified, but clearly I lived. Right now I've just got one that's bugging me still which was the hardest one to get out, and that's where I'm swollen, so I'm hoping that goes down by tomorrow night since we have a wedding to go to.
  • Options

Morning all! It's finally Friday! It felt like it took forever to get here this week. We don't have any plans for tomorrow, but we're meeting my dad in Richmond on Sunday for brunch/lunch/we haven't decided yet.

I was driving to work this morning and the car in front of me had a South of the Border sticker. It made me chuckle. Has anyone ever been there?

• Options
    Ya know, I wonder what happens to knotties when they just disappear. It reminds me of the Hedberg Dufrane joke. What if something bad happened and they're just gone?

Sorry, that's kind of a downer for a Friday morning, but there's a lot of posters who are just...gone. Like ffmaid. I liked her, minus her comment to P2, but other than that, I liked her. And she's just...gone.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Don't worry fish, I'm sure they'll be a new batch of posters you can learn to like right after the holidays.  :) 

• Options
    Morning. I just now tried to hike my jeans up by a belt loop and it broke. So now I have to wear jacked up jeans for the rest of today and I feel fat because my I broke my pants. Yay for me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.  So happy that it's finally Friday.  This week was crazy long. 

Stack- I hate when that happens!
    Emily glad you are starting to feel a little better.
    Fish- ColdER?  Is that possible?  I'd assume after a certain point your just effing cold it doesn't matter what the actual temp is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    It was actually really nice yesterday! Balmy even.

We're getting into the negatives this weekend, though. BRRRRR.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

Negatives.......yuck.  I think here it only gets in the negatives with wind chill.......Not negative and then wind chill to make it EVEN colder.  That's just gross. 

OH - I almost forgot.  I GET MY CAR BACK TODAY!!!!  woot.  It's been gone for 2 weeks and I miss her like WHOA.  I can't wait. 
  • Options
    I know I shouldn't.. but I wish it would snow :(
  • Options
    Good morning all! I'm feeling pretty ok, a bit of a headache after a bottle and a half of wine last night though. I'm so ready to hear about the job situation today and then we're going out to the gun range tonight with 2 other couples. Apparently, gun ranges have 'ladies night', so I get to shoot for free. Sure, why not?

And Fishy? That weather is inhumane. Seriously. GTFO.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Thank goodness you're finally getting your car back, Stack.  What was the final out come of that?  (Sorry if I missed this somewhere else.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    Good morning!  So happy it's Friday.

Em - I'm glad you pulled through okay.  Feel better!
    Matilda - I HATE when that happens.  Hate it. 

It's 15 here today, which is balmy, I guess, compared to some parts of the country (like ND, apparently).  We're going to my IL's this weekend for a Christmas party, and of course, it's supposed to ice on Saturday night.  Fail.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Good morning, everyone! Yaay for Friday!! Plus every Friday is jeans day at my new office, so that's very exciting!

Stacks- I also ran out of windshield washer fluid halfway to work today. I pulled off the highway, got some and put it right in. I can't stand that, especially in this weather. We got some snow last night so all the roads (and hence, my windshield) were covered in salty wet goodness.
  • Options
    Yay Stacks' car!

I don't understand how you people live with that kind of cold. I remember visiting a college in Boston during a cold snap and actually considering just laying down and dying because it was so. cold.
  • Options
    Morning ladies.  I do NOT feel good right now.  I had a headache when I woke up and all we had was Excedrin and I think the caffeine in that messed me up or something.

I'm also really wigged out about my job.  Y'all know I hate it and I just found out yesterday (through the one broker who I actually like and trust) that in 2011 they're planning on giving me additional work which is essentially a part-time job on top of what I do now.  And dollars to donuts there's no extra compensation in it for me.  So I applied for three new jobs yesterday out of desperation.  I need some of those new job vibes a couple of you out there have :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:77384770-2e90-4010-9ddf-f82d9ec08438Post:3348e9a8-9a59-4b78-8dde-f27a7f9cf751">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Stacks' car! I don't understand how you people live with that kind of cold. I remember visiting a college in Boston during a cold snap and <strong>actually considering just laying down and dying because it was so. cold.
    </strong>Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I would feel the exact same way. I think it's gotten down into the single digits a few times in my 11 years in KY and I really just want to give up on life and cry when I have to go out in that. I woudln't make it anywhere colder.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:77384770-2e90-4010-9ddf-f82d9ec08438Post:8a454290-0fb2-46c5-938b-2dea8b6f8688">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank goodness you're finally getting your car back, Stack.  What was the final out come of that?  (Sorry if I missed this somewhere else.)
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

The final word was the dealership had never seen anything like that before.  They said it looked like somone took a hammer and banged it into the headers.  Thankfully they were able to fix the headers and they put special reinforcers on them.....with the money they saved being able to fix the headers and not replace them they did like 10 other things like new cam shafts, something, blah,blah blah......I don't know exactly what they did, or what it means - but supposedly they were upgrades to the original engine.  I don't know, Mr stack talks, but I have a hard time keeping up with car terms.  Final cost.  $3100.  I can live with that.  (well I will live with that).  It could have been much worse. 
  • Options
    Well, I mean, if you think about it, how much time does one have to spend outside, really. I run from my car to work. From work to my car. From my car to the bar. Bar to the car. Done and done. that's like...30 seconds tops.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    :(  TR, you need to get out of that place ASAP.  I don't know how you do it.  I like my job, and some days I still feel like going home and crawling under the covers and never coming out.

I hope something better comes along for you soon.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    And the bar to the car doesn't even count b/c we all know you do that w/o a coat on if you drank enough. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:77384770-2e90-4010-9ddf-f82d9ec08438Post:a5ee0761-a8e5-4316-b5b8-9d8e414678e2">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I mean, if you think about it, how much time does one have to spend outside, really. I run from my car to work. From work to my car. From my car to the bar. Bar to the car. Done and done. that's like...30 seconds tops.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the car isn't warm for those times. So you're sitting in your freezer for 15 min for the car to warm up. TORTURE.
  • Options
    I currently am only wearing a poofy vest as a jacket these days. I'll pull out the ol' North Face this weekend.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:77384770-2e90-4010-9ddf-f82d9ec08438Post:03ddab83-9205-497c-9f8f-3b0a009b3b03">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : Yeah, but the car isn't warm for those times. So you're sitting in your freezer for 15 min for the car to warm up. TORTURE.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

automatic car starters are life savers. 
  • Options
    Well, I'd say I have remote start, but I don't because the assholes won't put them into Volkswagens, the jerks.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    TR I would definitely recommend getting the F out of there. I snuck some of my vibes in to your SS gift! :)
  • Options
    Really?  That sucks bad!!!  We were planning on getting one this winter, but we don't have an automatic garage door opener, so we'd have to go outside and open the garage door (which is a detached garage at the back of the backyard) - so really what's the point this year?
  • Options
    I've been in my North Face for weeks now. But it's just the Denali. If I get the job, we're going up to the outlet tomorrow to get me the big puffy long one.

Why no starter in your vw??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards