Honeymoon Discussions

Tortola BVI

Has anyone stayed at the Long Bay Beach Resort in Tortola, BVI?  I am just wondering if anyone could give me a review on this resort.  We are having a destination wedding in St. Thomas and from there we are going to Tortola for a few nights for our honeymoon. 

TIA!
imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary

Re: Tortola BVI

• Thank you for the great info!  Yes, we are staying at the Wyndham, and getting married at the Wyndham.  I'm guessing you know a lot about the island then?  Can you give me any information on restraunts for our rehearsal dinner?
  • I haven't stayed at that resort but I love Tortola.  It's such a cute island with fantastic swimming/snorkeling.  I agree with PP-see if you can do a tour or two of the other islands around there.  There is a great little rum distillary there that's fun to go to as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_tortola-bvi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9360a3f0-0a33-4904-9cb8-fbe23ec1aef0Post:6277105e-137d-4fbc-885b-67c0cb559972">Re: Tortola BVI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the great info!  Yes, we are staying at the Wyndham, and getting married at the Wyndham.  I'm guessing you know a lot about the island then?  Can you give me any information on restraunts for our rehearsal dinner?
    Posted by Meghangh[/QUOTE]

How many people and what kind of food do you like?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • 15-20 we like just about everything.  I hear good things about banana tree grille and Oceana.  Do you know anything about these?
  • we are going to Tortola for 4 night, Anegada for 3 nights and Jost Van Dyke for 4 nights.  Glad to hear yall encourage touring the other islands!!  Any specific recs?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_tortola-bvi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9360a3f0-0a33-4904-9cb8-fbe23ec1aef0Post:2127444a-8273-4dd7-9370-28e078e70b17">Re: Tortola BVI</a>:
    [QUOTE]15-20 we like just about everything.  I hear good things about banana tree grille and Oceana.  Do you know anything about these?
    Posted by Meghangh[/QUOTE]

Both are good choices.  We tend to go to Banana Tree more but (1) we are friends with the owner and chef and they go to DH restaurant a lot  (2) it's closer to us and we are lazy.     Both have good food and great views.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_tortola-bvi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9360a3f0-0a33-4904-9cb8-fbe23ec1aef0Post:a333a895-7603-4694-ab3b-a6d6e98dc6e7">Re: Tortola BVI</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are going to Tortola for 4 night, Anegada for 3 nights and Jost Van Dyke for 4 nights.  Glad to hear yall encourage touring the other islands!!  Any specific recs?
    Posted by a.w.johnson[/QUOTE]

I love Anegada.   Tip you have to order your food by 4pm at all the restaurants..  We rented a car and some scooters and drove around the island it was great.

JVD - Soggy Dollar bar is great, You have to have a painkiller.   Foxy's and Taboo are also good restaurants.  Rent the 4x4 and do the island tour, it's well worth it.  I like Ivan's stress free bar also.  You may even get a chance to see Kenny Chesney there..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards