Wedding Invitations & Paper

Private wedding with celebration at a later date

I just got engaged. We live in Hawaii, while all of our family and friends live in Washington state. The plan is that we are going to get married here in a private ceremony (NO parents or anyone except photographer etc) and then we want to fly home a week or 2 later and have a big celebration.

Our families already know of our plans and are supportive. But how do we do the invitations for something like this? We are not registering or anything, we just want everyone to come celebrate with us. But I'd like people to know BEFORE we actually tie the knot since it's gonna be close together, and I want everyone to be able to come since we haven't been home in a while.. What do I do?

Re: Private wedding with celebration at a later date

•  Who says you CANNOT have a "reception" and wear a white dress? My fiance and I are having a small ceremony at JOP on 12/31/11 and then having a renewal of vowels and reception nov 2012. According to what I have read, as long as it is done within 1 year of the wedding, its fine. In this day and age, there are so many different ways things can be done. My fiance and I have unforseen circumastances that prevent us from having the wedding/reception on 12/31. I am having the white dress, father walking me down the isle, dances and everything next year. Our families all know the circumstances and the invitations will clearly state it is a renewal of vows. We are not going to register for gifts.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards