Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Married! Vendor Reviews

Hello ladies!  So sorry to have been MIA.  Our wedding was perfect!  Marreid life has been treating us well.  We leave for Ireland on saturday.  Here are a couple of reviews.  It think I covered them all, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

I also just want to thank you ladies for all your support throughout my planning.  You are all so helpful and friendly even for someone who is planning long distance!  Thanks ladies!

Venue (Ceremony and Reception)- Harmony Chapel-A

This place is BEAUTIFUL and AFFORDABLE!  The only reason I do not want to give them an A+ is because they were a little bit difficult to stay in touch with.  Multiple times while we were in town we went to the venue and no one would be there.  They also did not answer emails.  Also, (and this is tiny) when I got to the venue on the day of the wedding, I went into the reception area to check everything out and one of the staff was eating a chocolate covered cherry off our groom’s cake!  I just thought it was a little unprofessional.  Also, one of our frames went missing and the coordinator never bothered to go looking for it.  Other than that, our coordinator, Raney, was very organized and ran a perfect rehearsal!  She also found a use for all of our extra flowers and found a spot for the kissing ball that our flower girl didn’t want to carry that DH’s aunts worked so hard on.  They also let us add an extra hour and sodas last minute.  Very accommodating and friendly!

Flowers-  Sam’s Club Denton(DIY) A++

I decided to DIY my flowers.  The lady who runs the flower dept, Pam, is wonderful!  She took her time to explain how the flowers would come to us, saved extra flower food for us, and gave us some buckets to put our flowers in.  On the day our flowers came in, she sent me a text message to let me know.  I thought that was a work number so when we got lost trying to find the store again, I called that number.  Turns out, it was her personal number and I had called her on her day off, but she still took the time to give me directions to the store!  A word to the wise though, some of the other people at this store are not very nice if you ask them for help.  A lady at the service desk actually looked at me and replied, “And?” when I told her that I wanted to order flowers and could not find Pam.

Minister- Keith Long with LoveNotes- A++

Keith was great!  We met with him twice before the rehearsal and both times he was very personable.  He took the time to get to know us.  He was just awesome at the rehearsal.  He helped to relieve a lot of tension and stress.  He also hung out with DH and prayed over him before the ceremony.  He also came in to make sure I was doing all right before the ceremony.  Just an all around good guy.

DJ- Figment Productions- A+++++

Hands down, favorite vendor!!  Doug and Laura give you the best bang for your buck in terms of DJ’s.  When we met with them before the wedding, they made sure that we knew that the wedding was ours and we could customize their services anyway we wanted.  They took into account our eclectic taste for music and made sure to play a little of everything (Frank Sinatra, country, pop, etc).  Our guests had a great time!  Laura made sure that we never had to go look for anything.  She also helped tend to a guest that passed out.  After our last dance, Doug played an Irish tune to wish us well on our honeymoon.  He remembered and we only mentioned it in passing! 

Wedding Photographer- Cliff with Frisco Photography A++(?)

I did not get to meet with Cliff before the wedding because my genius self accidentally slept through our meeting.  DH met with him though and I talked to him on the phone.  He was extremely thorough! I have not seen the pictures yet, which is why I cannot give him a true rating, but he made sure to get pics of everything without getting in the way.  He even noticed that my twin and I had matching tattoos on our shoulders and got a picture of that!  He showed me pictures that he took of my dress and they were phenomenal!  Cliff took a minute to steal us away and snap some pictures of us with the sunset as a backdrop.  He also asked if I had any special jewelry (which I did) and made sure to get pictures of those as well.  I can’t wait to get pictures back to share!

Bridal Pictures- Evelyn Murphy with Luminosity A++

OMG!  She was unexpectedly amazing!  Not that I didn’t think she would be great, but as some of you know, my bridal pictures were free in order to promote my hair and makeup artist along with Evelyn’s business.  Evelyn was fun and bubbly and very creative!  I had no idea how to pose and she made it seem so easy.  Here is a link to my photos on facebook:  www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/media/set/?set=a.1772356759141.2079428.1545930007">http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/media/set/?set=a.1772356759141.2079428.1545930007

Makeup Artist- Leslie Whitmore with Beauty Outloud A+++

I LOVE Leslie!  She is the sweetest woman around!  She knows what she is doing with makeup.  I went to her house in Dallas for the trial and she made me look awesome!  She did another look for the bridal pictures which I ended up liking a better than the first so she simply changed her notes to include that makeup instead.  On the day of the wedding, she prepared a little bag of the makeup she used in case I needed a touchup.  I never did because she did such a good job.  Since she is fairly new her prices are great and she didn’t charge me a travel fee. 

Hair- Shipe with Beauty Outloud A+++

Another great lady!  I had originally booked an appointment with Nicole at January Salon, but I wasn’t happy with her.  She didn’t really take into account what I wanted (a traditional updo) and instead told me traditional was boring and proceeded to do something “more modern.”  I even had pictures prepared to show her, but she didn’t want to see them.  I liked it, but it wasn’t what I was picturing.  During my bridal pictures, Shipe did my hair.  I didn’t give her any instruction because I knew she was doing this shoot to promote her business so I wanted her to showcase her talents and do my hair however she wanted.  The result ended up being exactly what I had originally had in mind.  So I cancelled with January and booked her.  She was a little more expensive, but was great at keeping in touch and had great ideas for the other two bridesmaids who were getting their hair done.  She showed up to the hotel on time and got right to work.  Efficient and friendly.  She was just like another one of the girls.

Dresses and Alterations- David’s Bridal (Waco) A-

I have mixed feelings about this place. The consultant who helped me find my dress was great.  I only wish I remembered her name.  She was patient and took everything I liked and didn’t like into account and found me the perfect dress way under the budget I gave her.  The alterations lady is amazing as well!  She saved me $100 by letting me in on a secret so that my dress didn’t have to be hemmed.  Here’s where I get a little upset with them.  When I came in for my alteration appointment, I stood in the front of the store for a good five minutes before anyone asked why I was there.  After I told someone I was there for an alteration, they walked away without giving me any instruction.  Another lady just walked up to me and asked me to give her my dress.  I told her I needed it for my appointment and she told me she needed to put it behind the counter.  So she took it and I never saw her again.  Another lady asked me again what I was there for.  It was very unorganized.  Also, I received a call about two weeks before my wedding from the David’s Bridal in Joplin, MS saying my MOH’s dress was there.  I had to call the Waco DB to see what was going on.  They didn’t know.  So I had to call my MOH only to find she already had her dress.  I would think they would keep a record of that.

Alcohol- Llano Winery (Lubbock) and Goody Goody Liquor (Lewisville) AWe stocked our own bar.  We love Llano wine so we visited the winery.  Thomas helped us with our wine tasting and picking out wine for the wedding.  He was great!  We also found a good deal on our beer so we decided last minute to add liquor.  Overall, we had two cases of wine (sweet red and moscato 24 total bottles), ten cases of beer (24 in each; bud light and shiner), and tequila, rum, vodka, and amaretto plus mixers.  We only spent $600!HTH ladies!  I'll be back on after the honeymoon with plenty of pics to share!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our first "child" and he's a handful!

Re: Married! Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congratulations!
    Anniversary

• Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. It sounds like you had some amazine vendors. Can't wait to see pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like it was amazing. I am using Leslie with Beauty Outloud too and can't wait. I can't wait to see pics!

I thought about going the DIY route for flowers, any suggestions or advice from your experience?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great reviews and vendors.  So glad everything went great!  I'm very excited to find another bride who loved Doug & Laura!  They are the best!  Congrats and have fun in Ireland.
  • edited December 2011
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_married-vendor-reviews-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d10f1892-e029-4695-8f2a-aa04a1f0630bPost:c39456fa-0694-4fa5-9df1-44530abbb08a">Re: Married! Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like it was amazing. I am using Leslie with Beauty Outloud too and can't wait. I can't wait to see pics! I thought about going the DIY route for flowers, <strong>any suggestions or advice from your experience?
    </strong>Posted by nancylusk[/QUOTE]

My only advice would be to make a practice bouquet before you decide to order in bulk.  For my bridal pictures, we just bought two normal bouquets that you normally get at the supermarket and I put them together to make my bouquet.  When that turned out to my liking, I knew I could do it for my wedding.  Also, make sure you have help!  I did all the flowers for my wedding and I couldn't have done it without the help of my BM's and my family.  My little brother even joined in!
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_married-vendor-reviews-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d10f1892-e029-4695-8f2a-aa04a1f0630bPost:a3842a20-c062-4237-bfe1-d17bcdd2b577">Re: Married! Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Married! Vendor Reviews : My only advice would be to make a practice bouquet before you decide to order in bulk.  For my bridal pictures, we just bought two normal bouquets that you normally get at the supermarket and I put them together to make my bouquet.  When that turned out to my liking, I knew I could do it for my wedding.  Also, make sure you have help!  I did all the flowers for my wedding and I couldn't have done it without the help of my BM's and my family.  My little brother even joined in!
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

I was curious how your flowers went. Good to hear that you had a good experience with Sams and that you got everything done. Did you at least enjoy it a little?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_married-vendor-reviews-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d10f1892-e029-4695-8f2a-aa04a1f0630bPost:d9f9f886-8a45-45d8-853a-c3c6dc18f5fd">Re: Married! Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Married! Vendor Reviews : I was curious how your flowers went. Good to hear that you had a good experience with Sams and that you got everything done. Did you at least enjoy it a little?
    Posted by rcpm44[/QUOTE]

Yes I very much enjoyed working on my flowers.  By doing it hands-on, I felt a greater sense of accomplishment and it made me so happy to recieve all the compliments on them!
  • edited December 2011
    congratulations! I will have questions for you when you get back from your honeymoon.
    Why does time speed up the closer I get to the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Leslie too! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rita- ask away!! 

And Leslie is great! I love her!  Are you using Shipe too?
  • edited December 2011
    Llano winery=great wine!! :) Thanks for sharing your reviews! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had such a wonderful wedding!  My dad loves Llano too but I wasn't even sure they were still in business.  Can't wait to see all your pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you use Harmony for catering? How did it go? I am still looking for a caterer.
    Why does time speed up the closer I get to the wedding?
  • lhinton024lhinton024 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at using Harmony Chapel also for next summer. The only thing turning me off to them is that they don't let you in the chapel til 5 pm on Saturday...that seems so late to me to decorate and all that. Did you feel like you had enough time to set up before the guests started arriving?? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards