April 2013 Weddings

Parent Gifts

What are you guys giving your parents?

I am at a complete loss. Those embroidered hankerchiefs are cute but way too cheesy for me. Any other ideas?

Re: Parent Gifts

• I think FI is giving all the guys tickets to a phillies game, including the dads. We're giving the moms either a Tiffany's necklace or coach bag, something they can actually use again. I did get his mom one of those handkerchiefs but she's super old fashioned and I know she'll love it.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am giving my mama a throw because she likes cheesy stuff like that and I am giving my daddy a gift certificate to go deep sea fishing. His parents I am not really sure of.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got a great deal on Mikasa picture frames via groupon awhile ago so each set of parents will get one. I will probably get each of the moms a handkerchief. We're not completely sure what to do about the dads yet.
  • Not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking a nice framed wedding photo (obviously that would come a couple months after the wedding, but we would let them know that's our gift to them and give nice cards at/before the wedding).
  • My dad is getting a keychain - ever since I was a kid, I've always given him keychains, so I thought it was fitting. 

My mom is getting a photo frame with the lyrics to "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood.  It is absolutely GORGEOUS and I know my mom will love it! 

I was raised by my aunt & uncle so they are also getting gifts.  I got my aunt a Swarovski flower vase figurine to add to her collection and my uncle is getting a money clip that's engraved with a quote from his favorite band, the Beach Boys: "God only knows what I'd be without you."

FI's mom isn't in the picture, so no worries there.  I have no idea what he's getting his dad.  I keep telling him to get on it, and he just doesn't do it.  Ugh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • FI's parents are getting a hand knit blanket (FI paid for the materials I'm doing the work, just hit the halfway point!) and my parents will get comedy club tickets for the night before the wedding. 

We are iffy on doing photo albums for them. I don't really want to spend money on something that is going to get looked at once and collect dust. I think we are just going to give them copies of the files and offer to get them whatever prints they want. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:Parent Gifts:[QUOTE]My dad is getting a keychain ever since I was a kid, I've always given him keychains, so I thought it was fitting.nbsp; My mom is getting a photo frame with the lyrics to "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood.nbsp; It is absolutely GORGEOUS and I know my mom will love it!nbsp; I was raised by my aunt amp; uncle so they are also getting gifts.nbsp; I got my aunt a Swarovski flower vase figurine to add to her collection and my uncle is getting a money clip that's engraved with a quote from his favorite band, the Beach Boys: "God only knows what I'd be without you."FI's mom isn't in the picture, so no worries there.nbsp; I have no idea what he's getting his dad.nbsp; I keep telling him to get on it, and he just doesn't do it.nbsp; Ugh! Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

I love that frame where did you get it?
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was planning on handkerchiefs, but not the ones that say "mother of the bride/groom", just ones with our names and wedding date. But I was going to splurge on some Irish linen ones, which aren't cheap. 

I also bought triple photo frames that I was planning on using for the reception decor, and thought I would put wedding photos of the grandparents and parents alongside engagement photos of us (to be replaced with a wedding photo when those come back). But now I'm thinking that asking them to hand back over their gifts for use at the reception might be unseemly. I got the triple photo frames pretty cheap at Kohl's, so I can probably splurge on something nicer for them. Plus, after the wedding, we can reuse the ones I already bought in our home.

Ideally, I'd like to get a silver triple photo frame that I could engrave the names and wedding dates in, but that might be cost prohibitive.
  • Ally, the frame came from etsy seller SpeciallyEngraved.  She doesn't have the frame in my photo anymore, but if you send her a pic of my frame, she might be able to get another one.  She will also do any lyrics, poem, Bible verse, etc that you want.  GREAT seller to work with and I would definitely recommend her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • I got our moms coach bags (Coachfactory.com is a godsend - got my BM gifts there too).  I have no idea about the GMs or the dads......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards