Attire & Accessories Forum

Wearing accessories before the wedding

Hello everyone! 
Quick question - I needed new black boots, and I wanted to wear formal boots for my wedding, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and buy boots that I can wear whenever, and also have for my wedding.  But when I mentioned to my MOH that I was probably going to start wearing them before the wedding, she thought it was bad - either bad luck or a bad idea, I don't know which.  Does anyone else have accessories that they are wearing on their wedding day that they also wear for everyday?  Or am I just too frugal in wanting to be able to use things before/after the wedding?

Re: Wearing accessories before the wedding

• Hmmm...personally, you need to wear the shoes/boots first to make sure it is comfortable and stretch out to your feet. I wouldn't want to wear a totally brand new shoes for any type of ocassions at all. Not too fond of blisters. So, I've been wearing my shoes around the house. Will that be considered as "used"? Maybe. Will I feel comfortable on my wedding day? Sure! Do I care about what everyone else think regarding my "used" shoes? Nope! Can people see my shoes underneath my big dress? Nope. Unless I lift my dress and let them inspect it w/ magnifying glass. Bad idea? nope! 

Bad luck? My BIL asked me to wear my sister's wedding ring on any of my fingers so that I wouldn't lose it on their wedding day. His mom threw a fit and said it is bad mojo to do that. He argued w/ his mom and I just waited to see what the decision was (awkward moment). I ended up wearing the ring on my pinky for safe and secure keeping. 10 years later...they are still married with 1 kid, pretty darn happy and in love still with each other. I will say whatever to the bad luck. 

I think as long as you clean up your boots to make sure that it won't transfer dirt to your wedding dress, you can do whatever you want. 

• I think shoes are one of the best things to wear before your wedding day.  Shoes should always be broken in before hand.  This way you will be able to know if they will be comfortable enough to wear for 6+ hours while on your feet or if you need to go in a different, more comfortable direction.

• I agree with Maggie - shoes should always be broken in before you wear them for long periods of time. I have a pair of pearl earrings I may wear for my wedding. I wear them frequently as is, but I like them.
  • My fiance bought me a pair of pearl earrings for valentines day to wear on our wedding day...since my ears are super sensitive and i dont wear earrings very much, i've been wearing them every so often just to keep my ears accustomed to having earrings in them. I think its fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree, break em in (lightly)!

Im bought shoes when I was in my friend's wedding that are gold and I loved them (my dress is ivory over gold) and I was wearing them a lot and then mom suggsted they will match my dress so I've stopped so I don't get them messed up though.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I would be afraid of scuffing them up before the wedding, so I would be extra careful and maybe wear them only around the houes. After the wedding, I would feel free to wear them whenever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards