July 2012 Weddings

parents gifts?

What is everyone doing for their parents gifts? To be honest, I hadn't thought about that at all until I saw it on someone's post... What do you think is a good idea for the gifts?
Getting married on July 20th, 2012!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: parents gifts?

• We are waiting until after the wedding and get our photos back and going to make a coffee table book from shutterfly.com
    pregnancy calendar
  • I think we'll probably do some sort of wine/gourmet food/restaurant gift card basket for our parents at RD.  We'll be giving them pictures after the wedding too, but I'd like to give them something as a treat for themselves for all their help.
  • edited June 2012
    Were doing all different things! Etsy is a great resource either to buy things or if your ambitious, make some of the stuff you see! We are doing more personality based stuff and then of course when we get pictures back those too.. For example, both my mom and fmil have pandora bracelets, so we are doing charms for them. My dad is really into guns, so I bought him up cycled bullet cuff links! You can do whatever you want!! : hope that helps!
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are paying for them to stay at the Bed and Breakfast for 2 nights (definitely not cheap).... I was also thinking of getting them digital picture frames - but they are so pricey and I'm not sure they would know how they work.   We might just give them a nice picture frame with a wedding picture in it after the wedding. 
  • Besides giving them photo albums after the wedding, I'm also giving my parents each an engraved double-hinged picture frame.  My dad's will have a black and white picture of him holding me as a baby on the left, and the right side will have a picture of us on our wedding day. The inscription will read "I still love you more than anything in the world. Love your baby girl - 7.28.12". It is a quote from one of our favorite songs by Sugarland.

My mom's frame will have a black and white photo of her and her mother getting ready on her wedding day on the left, and the right will have a photo of my mom and I from my wedding day in the same pose. In the picture, her mother is putting a necklace on her and you can see their faces in the mirror. The inscription will read, "In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future. A reflection of who I am and what will be. 7.28.12". It's another quote from one of our songs. My mom's mother passed away a few years ago and I know she will absolutely love it when she sees it.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_parents-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bd1c5c6d-0e70-4906-8567-e3914e15b3c7Post:f0fc1f91-2426-4eba-b20a-42a75a715ca6">Re: parents gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Besides giving them photo albums after the wedding, I'm also giving my parents each an engraved double-hinged picture frame.  My dad's will have a black and white picture of him holding me as a baby on the left, and the right side will have a picture of us on our wedding day. The inscription will read "I still love you more than anything in the world. Love your baby girl - 7.28.12". It is a quote from one of our favorite songs by Sugarland. My mom's frame will have a black and white photo of her and her mother getting ready on her wedding day on the left, and the right will have a photo of my mom and I from my wedding day in the same pose. In the picture, her mother is putting a necklace on her and you can see their faces in the mirror. The inscription will read, "In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future. A reflection of who I am and what will be. 7.28.12". It's another quote from one of our songs. My mom's mother passed away a few years ago and I know she will absolutely love it when she sees it.
    Posted by Amanda1443994[/QUOTE]

What a sweet idea on the double frames with old and new pictures!  I teared up a little at the inscription for your mom's frame.
  • We are getting them 2 bottles of wine and paying for a Bed & Breakfast of their choice. WE're also going to write them a letter, thanking them for everything.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hankerchiefs from etsy, picture frame, bottle of wine, and a one night say at a winery bed and breakfast
  • I'm getting them a tour on a gundalow boat on the coast of Portsmouth NH along with a gc for a restaurant in that area.

http://www.gundalow.org/sail-with-us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards