New Jersey

Sea gull's nest

Has anyone ever had their reception or been to a wedding at the Sea Gull's Nest in Sandy Hook?

Re: Sea gull's nest

• edited December 2011
    I have been to the Seagull's Nest on Sandy Hook before. I don't know what type or style of wedding you are having but it is a very informal place. I wouldn't really even call it a restuarant. It is just more of a beach side grill and the food is not that particularly good. If you are looking for something on the beach there are better options out there IMO. Merri Makers has something on Sandy Hook, Channel Club in Monmouth Beach, Water's Edge, Ocean Place. All of the places have a wide variety of price points. GL!
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there and I agree with kwilkinson it extremely informal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I agree 100% with the other knotties.  I have gone there in my bathing suit after the beach for a cocktail.  The food is not good and the atmosphere is not nice for a wedding.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • ellevellev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it looked like a nice place to have a nice, informal beach wedding (back when I thought I was having an informal wedding ;) and my FI put his foot down when he saw the menu and started calling it the "Sandfly Hut". It's really not that inexpensive either, when you look at what you do (or don't) get and the price of add-ons. Oh, and the bathrooms are outside, I hear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards