Wisconsin

Alot of Questions, Need alot of help! KENOSHA WI

I just got engaged, and we are planning a short engagment, we are planning on getting married Jan, 1. 2011, in Kenosha WI, on an EXTREMLEY small budget($3000 for the entire wedding, we are paying for it all ourselves)

So I only have about 9 months to plan. We have decided on semi-formal (ball gown and suit) Colors(green and silver), we are going to do all the food/deserts with the help of family and friends... But here are my questions...

1)  We are still trying to find a winter venue that is reasonable, any ideas? about 100 people

2) Any tips for a winter wedding... It was never my plan, and I have nto gone to any winter weddings, so please help.

3) I have found lots of great budget tips, i.e. food ourselves, doing our own music, friends who are photographers, friend who is a baker, Crystal boquets instead of real flowers.... any other tips that are not so obvious?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Alot of Questions, Need alot of help! KENOSHA WI

• edited December 2011
    1) a lot of places offer cheaper prices on Fridays and Sundays
    2) most places don't allow you to carry in any food, the only place i know of that allows it is the Swedish American club on 30th ave.
    3)if you end up with a place that won't allow you to bring in food then maybe you could have an appetizer reception instead of a whole meal.
    4)Minuteman press in town has a few books full of invitations and the one had really nice ones that weren't that expensive. I'm getting 125 invitations for a little over $100.

hope that helps, if i can think of anything else i'll let ya know :)

• edited December 2011
    I appreciate the help... The big there for us is that we want to do it all on our own, food, etc.

And we would do it at my families home(we have a nice piece of land) but we are planning a winter wedding, adn the snow will be problematic!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're open to Racine I know the Racine Masonic Center allows food to be carried in and you may want to try the Dekoven Center in Racine--not sure, but I thought they allowed carry in's as well.
    Good luck!!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend had their wedding and reception at the DeKoven center, and brought in their own food, the whole 9 yards.  The chapel is lovely there.  I think they're budget was about $3000, too, but that was 10 years ago. 
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Kemper Center - or the Anderson Arts Center.  They'll allow carry-ins.  Also, Dekoven in Racine is SUPER afordable and the gal there is awesome to work with.  And it's a beautiful hall and church.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • abitcloudyabitcloudy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    II too have a small budget. 'm using Heritage Hall in Village Bowl in Menomonee Falls. We are doing a Friday date, getting married in the hall and doing appetizers, The chef/coordinator Daniel is awesome, very accomidating and helpful! The bartender is included on our rental fee of $295 and they are decorating it all for about $200. You arent able to bring in your own food but the appetizers are nice and not too pricey. Check out their website at http://www.villagebowl.com/hallrentals.htm#. Hope this helps! Congrats and good luck :) PS i like your date 1-1-11)
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Italian American Club? That is on 52nd St.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards