Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Videographer/Wedding Updates

Well, we picked the color of the GM's vests.  We went with a burnt orange.  My FI actually said that he wanted that color before we walked into the tux shop but I was hoping to talk him out of it since I wanted fuschia :)  But I liked it once I saw it on him.  I guess I will be going with the traditional fall colors now in the centerpieces.  Probably deep oranges, reds and yellows. 

And I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to be able to find a videographer for less than $1,000.  Does anyone have any suggestions for one that will cost less than $1,300?  I don't want any fancy video montages.  I just want someone that will shot the ceremony and reception and then edit the footage.

Thanks!

Re: Videographer/Wedding Updates

• yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The videographer we are probably going with offered us just the ceremony for 500 fully edited and the ceremony/reception for 1025. He's on the list of recommended vendors but I'll have to check back to give you his name.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the tux check! As for videographers, I believe I paid around $1300 or less for mine, but I have photo montages and added effects. I believe my videographer offers more basic packages, perhaps without the montage. I don't have his info with me at work, but I can PM you when I get home if you're interested. I'm not sure of his prices now, as I booked in 2008.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like that color a lot!

Hmm, my videographer starts at $1,800.  If you aren't too picky about fancy camera effects or are willing to take a gamble on someone just starting out, would you consider just posting on Craigslist or at the arts school at CMU or something?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • steelerschicksteelerschick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Kim - if you could PM the info that would be great.  thanks!

LaFemme Rousse - I am not sure that I want to take the gamble of someone just starting out. 
  • edited December 2011
    Sure, no problem- I'll send you a message this evening with his #.
  • concerto47concerto47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our videographer's top package and it was $1300. His basic one (for 2009 anyway) was $800 and his middle grade was $1000. He showed us one of his video and it was great, plus he has excellent credentials. Let me know if you want his info.
  • edited December 2011
    I love that color too!

And I sent you a pm with my videographer info.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've said this before don't skimp on your video, it'll be worth more than you realize in the end.  I'm seriously considering Pittsburgh Wedding DVD, I'm meeting with them soon, just to make sure our personalities match. But their videos are awesome.  They are slightly more than you want to spend but like I said, I don't think you'll regret it after the fact.

JS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards