Chit Chat

NWR-Anxiety

Do any of you have issues with anxiety? I have been do anxious lately about everything and I don't know how to deal!!! Everything from school, wedding, life in general. I was just looking for advice. Thanks for reading!

Re: NWR-Anxiety

• edited October 2010
    Sometimes when I have a lot going on, I get anxious and stressed out. As my Dad always told me, life is what you make it.

What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies? You need to find a way to relax and de-stress daily. It helps me if I read before bed. Not only does it make me sleepy, but it also helps me unwind and take my mind off of things from the day, etc.

If you are having problems continuosly with anxiety and/or it is interferring with your everyday activities, then you may want to seek some help. Have you always had it or has the wedding planning brought a lot of it on? If it is just the wedding, then I am sure it will go away after things are over and done.
  • I would second the comments from the PP.  Hobbies can help clear your head and reduce your stress.  I like working out to accomplish that.  

If the anxiety is more serious or includes panic attacks, you should consider professional help.  A doctor or therapist could help you understand where your anxiety is stemming from and how to keep it in check.

Good Luck!  I am in Illinois too!
  • Thank you for all of the advice ladies! I think I just need to "distract" myself with hobbies. That sounds like a really good idea!
  • Is the anxiety making it difficult to function normally (eat, sleep, shop etc)?  If it is, you should see your dr.  Mine diagnosed me w/generalized anxiety disorder a couple of years ago (before getting engaged).  Getting medication has helped SO much.  Hobbies are important too.  Wedding planning has been good b/c it's actually given me something else to do.

If having too much to do is causing anxiety, back off on some of your activities.  Make large dinners so you can eat leftovers instead of cooking every night.  Analyze what groups you really want to belong to in school (everyone starts with too many).  Delegate some of the wedding planning to your FI.
  • I get anxious too. I have three kids (7yrs, 4yrs, and 1yr). We are always busy. My son is in cub scouts, my 4 yr old daughter is in dance, and both of the older two are in swim lessons. Then there is honework, chores, dinner, baths, books, etc. I get overwhelmed REALLY easily.

When I start to feel that way I take a deep breath and ask myself why I'm letting it get to me. I tell myself to enjoy what is happening now.

If there is something that you know is stressing you out then look into it. Money for example. If money is stressing you out figure out a budget for your wedding and break it down to how much you will need to put aside each month. Remember to take into consideration tax returns and bonuses if either of you get any. Then you will know the reality of it instead of making it bigger than it is.

If it's more than what you can afford then start looking into what you can cut out to bring it down. Cutting guests is one way to instantly make it lower. Less food, less favors, less chairs, less tables, etc.

If you don't want to cut guests then think about cutting out the lanterns that you wanted so badly but are just an extra cost. Maybe cut out a chunk of flowers and use objescts for center pieces instead.

Like I said before, for me, the biggest part is to just focus on what is happening right at this moment. Talk about it too. Tell your Fiance what you are stressing about and just talk it out.

I hope that helps! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards