June 2012 Weddings
Options

AW: HM finally booked!!

It's official! I have been stressing big about this over the last couple of weeks.

Short version:
We'll be headed to Antigua and staying at Cocos Hotel!!!
Gorgeous beaches, all-inclusive, our own private cottage I AM SO PUMPED!!  Plus Antigua sounds has like the perfect amount of stuff for us to do outside of the resort!

The long version:
I'll say it once here because I can't say it to FI but I knew this was going to happen. FI and I love to travel and the honeymoon was kind of FI's baby. He loves to plan this stuff and while I helped quite a bit he took control. We started the process of researching probably in December or January.

FI, bless his heart, researched EVERY option out there. Different places, different websites, different flights, different resorts, different excursions, everything. We are using his savings to pay for this so I completely understand and would expect that. Once we had narrowed it down there was a bit of waiting to see if prices would go down.

We really wanted to book through Luxurylink. They've got some great deals. Well we finally went to book and sure enough our 1st option for dates wasn't available. Or our 2nd. The only other option we had we found out that flights are over $100 more expensive for seemingly no reason.  More research to see if we've got other  options and we decided to try the last option and bite the bullet with the flights and we finally go the confirmation that we're booked!!  FI was so stressed out last night I felt horrible. He had his "we should have booked way earlier" moment but I know it probably wouldn't have been different because he wanted to make sure this was the perfect place for us and we were getting the most for our money.

So in the end, everything worked out and we're very happy. The last couple of weeks were stressful but I am so happy that we're going here. It will be the perfect place for FI and I :D
June 16, 2012

Re: AW: HM finally booked!!

• Options
    Congrats! If you are trying to fly out of CVG...the prices have been horrible. I had to go to Texas last week for work and the flight was over $300 more through cvg. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm hoping to book ours tonight or tomorrow.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Congrats! That looks awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!  It looks like a great place.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_aw-hm-finally-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b3fcb808-9223-4703-bf6f-263e32ca41c9Post:78d279b1-fcd0-4d55-b7e6-b539ddd62c5a">Re: AW: HM finally booked!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! If you are trying to fly out of CVG...the prices have been horrible. I had to go to Texas last week for work and the flight was over $300 more through cvg. 
    Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]

I think as of right now we're going to fly out of Dayton. The last couple of trips we've done it's been the cheapest between DAY, CVG and Detroit. We'll probably book the flights tonight. I just don't understand why those dates are  more expensive. Every date around it is cheaper!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Congrats! That sounds like an amazing HM!! Very pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • Options
    congrats!! it sounds like it is going to be an awesome honeymoon
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used to island hop with my brother when we were much younger and Antigua is one of our favorites! If you have a chance explore Barbuda; it's really worth it!

I know that tourist attractions are going to be a big part but check out the grand markets...the local food is amazing and usually there's somebody right there cooking.
    I'm so jealous!
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    Looks amazing!! Congrats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards