South Asian Weddings

B&M Tuesday

Sorry this got pushed aside for a little while, but come on let it out.

Re: B&M Tuesday

• temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Our lawyer sent us DH's greencard forms to check over...

She only half filled them out???  Our town is spelled wrong!  And the worst is she put me as the petitioner AND the relative!  This after a long conversation explaining to her that I was born here so no, I don't have an A number or US entry date.

DH applied for a GC through work in 2006.  They keep saying they are processing 2006 applications, but he still doesn't have it.  I have this feeling that it will come as soon as we pay the filing fee for the family GC.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like you guys need a new lawyer. 

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am stressed out over the venues, so many things to consider and do.  It was so much better when it was in the planning phase and I could just dream about it.
  • edited December 2011
    @Tem - I agree with Hina that you need a new lawyer.

@Hina - Honestly, the venue selection for us was the hardest part and most stressful. But once you get past it, things will get better, I promise! It helps to make a list of each place, what you liked, what you didn't, the price, what it includes, etc so that you can compare each location against one another. Another tip that I found helpful was to take pictures of the venues when you go to visit so you can refer back to them when making a decision.

And my gripe for today - I didn't sleep well last night, am stressed about an upcoming work trip and my left eye is tired/strained and it's not helping in the least.

Le sigh.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Seems it's always one thing after another with that car. Finally paid it off in April, only to have to spend all of what should now be grocery/savings money on fixing the dang thing! First $200 on a new ignition switch a week after my final payment. Now a flat tire. Hopefully it's patchable (I think I found the cause of the puncture) because patching it is a whole lot cheaper than buying a new one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This morning we (hopefully) fired our immigration lawyer.  After seeing the forms, DH agreed that her work is unacceptable (side note:  this is her second major screw up... he couldn't go to work for a month last year because she failed to file his advanced parole renewal on time).  He hates firing people, so I offered, but he said he would do it.  We might just file on our own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards