Wedding Etiquette Forum

Who's around?

Re: Who's around?

• Hey ladies!  I'm visiting FI in Chicago this weekend, to look for houses.  I am waiting for him to get home from happy hour with his coworkers so we can get some dinner.  I am irritated at him for going to happy hour without calling me, but I'll get over it.

Ciara - little Edmund makes my heart melt.
  • Not that it means anything to anyone since I'm fairly new to TK/E Board, but I'm here... at work for another 2 hours or so. I get to close tomorrow night too. Awesome way to spend the weekend.
  • Ciara-Edmund is just so adorable.

MK-Yeah I Plan to hit up a farmer's next week. No dogs though. I went to an appt today though and the lady had a dachshund. I wanted to steal her she was so cute.
  • Poor Edmund :( 
    Hopefully he gets used to the tape quickly.
  • Meg - where in Chicago (city, burbs) are you looking? FI and I are in the N 'Burbs and are having a heck of time finding some place, though at least he got the formal loan approval today which has been a battle in itself... YAY. I wish you better luck than we've been having!
  • Ciara- Edmund is so cute. I know have told you this before, but he is. I feel for him with the tape.
  • Ciara- Edmund is just so cute!
    Hopefully he can get used to the tape being there
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Aww poor little guy. He'll get used to the tape I'm sure. Hang in there Ciara!

• Kelly - we've been looking in the city (mainly Lakeview and Bucktown).  We've put in offers on 2 different places that had each been on the market a year or longer, and the same week we put in offers, so did other people.  And they outbid us.  The second one was particularly maddening because the selling agent did some pretty crappy things to lead us on.

Anyway, we're looking again tomorrow.  If nothing pans out soon, we'll have to rent for another year, because FI's lease is running out.
  • teacherMegs: your profile pic is stunning!
  • and profile pic=siggy pic.  This is not facebook.
  • Thanks Meg!
    I just got my pro pictures back.
  • *HUGS*, Ciara :(

Teachermegs, you are a gorgeous bride!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Meg - best of luck!! That's got to be so frustrating...

We've only put in a bid on one house (a few weeks back); offered $9,000 more than asking price and still didn't get accepted, and that was with the house needing a TON of work (holes in the walls, flooring throughout the entire house needed to be replaced, etc.). I guess it's probably a blessing we didn't get it, though... it likely wouldn't have passed FHA inspection anyway, so we would have gone through the high of a bank acceptance only to be denied the loan to buy it. We've since switch realtors and are hoping for better luck... went and saw 4 houses on Tuesday; 2 full of mold, one full of cat urine, and one that was perfect & move-in ready but in a less-than-ideal location. D'oh!
  • Teacher-I sometimes lurk around WCF board since I"m having my wedding in St. Pete Beach. Where was your wedding if you don't mind me asking?

• Hello everyone! I'm going to stop lurking so much and post. FI and I both have work tomorrow so we're just relaxing tonight. He's glued to his video games so I figured I'd hop on here!
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Did you AW them Meg? I wanna see more! ::said in a whiny kid voice::
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e93fcca1-b7d6-407f-ba55-4b92a64c528dPost:4cf95d72-7961-4254-baa5-0306d8dbd838">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you AW them Meg? I wanna see more! ::said in a whiny kid voice::
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
  • OMG Liv... thank you for alerting me that SVU is on. Been trying to come up with something to put on the TV at work (cashier's desk faces the waiting room, which is empty since service closed 2 hours ago... which means I get the TV to myself MWUA HA HA HA)...
  • Thanks everyone. I got married at the Sandbar on Anna Maria Island (just south of St. Pete). St. Pete is just over the bridge for me, so if you need help let me know or ask on WCF. There are many helpful ladies on the board.
    I will pick some pics to AW in a few minutes.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e93fcca1-b7d6-407f-ba55-4b92a64c528dPost:61163a31-b8d4-4851-8bcf-58c18b0d8c3f">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meg - best of luck!! That's got to be so frustrating...   We've only put in a bid on one house (a few weeks back); offered $9,000 more than asking price and still didn't get accepted, and that was with the house needing a TON of work (holes in the walls, flooring throughout the entire house needed to be replaced, etc.). I guess it's probably a blessing we didn't get it, though... it likely wouldn't have passed FHA inspection anyway, so we would have gone through the high of a bank acceptance only to be denied the loan to buy it. We've since switch realtors and are hoping for better luck... went and saw 4 houses on Tuesday; 2 full of mold, one full of cat urine, and one that was perfect & move-in ready but in a less-than-ideal location. D'oh!
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

Are you looking at a lot of foreclosures or something?  Because those places sound horrible!  Best of luck with the new realtor.  We've been using redfin.com, which means we pick the places we want to go see.  In turn for that, we get up to 1/2 of the buyer's commission back (it depends on the value of the property).  I've been happy with them, and definitely don't think its their fault we haven't gotten these places.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e93fcca1-b7d6-407f-ba55-4b92a64c528dPost:1bbcfe2b-e0c9-4eab-bd41-9f4553bccf14">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's around? : Are you looking at a lot of foreclosures or something?  Because those places sound horrible!  Best of luck with the new realtor.  We've been using redfin.com, which means we pick the places we want to go see.  In turn for that, we get up to 1/2 of the buyer's commission back (it depends on the value of the property).  I've been happy with them, and definitely don't think its their fault we haven't gotten these places.
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, what is available in our price range consists almost entirely of foreclosures... it's just going to be a matter of really picking and choosing, I think. I absolutely love our new realtor though (helped my parents buy their current house 8+ years ago) so I feel confident we'll find something. I'll have to look into redfin, though - thanks!

Liv - I used to be like that and sadly, with work, I haven't kept up on my SVU like I'd like to... though I do try to get home for the 10 PM episode every night M-F! haha
  • We haven't been looking at foreclosures just because we were in a time crunch.  If we end up having to rent again, we'll start looking into foreclosures as well.  You really can get some great deals that way, and I'm sure you will find something good.
  • Hi girls.  I've been lurking a bunch here today since most of my kiddos were out for testing and wondering how you regs keep from tearing your hair out every now and then.

Good luck, house-hunting girls!  So exciting (and exhausting, I'm sure)!
    Anniversary

• mkruparmkrupar member
    I ask myself that same question sometimes professorofscience.
  • AHRRGHGHGH. I'm so mad right now. My sister is for some reason mad that my best friend can't come to the shower. I said no big deal, everyone has a life. And she's starting with me saying she has never done anythign for you blah blah. When my sister doesn't know HALF of what this girl has done for me. So I basically just told her to shut the f up because she doesn't know what she's talking about. This is through text by the way. UGH! I'm more mad at my sister than my friend not being able to come. Might I add, this is my older sister who should at least have some common sense.
  • quirky75quirky75 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    That sucks ggirl!
    My MOH is like that. She's a close friend and she's demanding that one of the bridesmaids (a mutual friend of ours) show up to at least one of my showers and the bachelorette. The girl lives 6 hours away. I just want her at the wedding.
  • Yeah, the thing is. The girl is not a BM. I just have my sister and one of my other best friend's. That's it. She has a one year old and her mom wants her to come to NYC (where her mom lives) for a family reunion. If I'm not mad about it then why should she be mad? it's my friend, not hers. She goes. She has never stepped up to the plate for you. I responded back, you weren't around when I was in college, you live in Fl. You have NO CLUE what she has done for me. She plans to come to the wedding, and if she can't, because oh I don't know, it's in Florida and she lives in Ohio, then I get it. No big deal.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    What does it matter what she's done for you? You're friends for a reason. I don't judge my friendships on what my friends have done for me. I think you're sister's being a little unreasonable.
  • Mk-That's exactly how I feel. We've been friends since we were freshmen in college so 10 years now, pretty sure something is keeping that friendship together, and it's not showers lol. My sister has this expecation because I helped throw her a baby shower she should come to mine. Really? We're going to do tit for tat? Are we 5? She hasn't answered me or read my last message that told her to shut up because she doesn't know what she's talking about. I love my sister, I do, but sometimes her judgments don't let her see anything clearly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards