Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B-pics

So I really want to do these because you ladies all make them look so fun!!  I am thinking of doing something a little different and would like your opinions.  I was thinking of doing like a vintage pinup theme.  Like a Vargas girl.  What do you think?  Any ideas on costumes or where to get them? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our first "child" and he's a handful!

Re: B-pics

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds really neat.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I love that idea!
    I think if I get back to my pre-accident weight soon, I'm going to reward myself with a full b-pic session! Who are you thinking of using? I'm sure you've heard of her a lot, but Chelsea McGowan is pretty awesome with b-pics. Have you seen her new website for them? http://girlsonfilm.mcgowanimages.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I think that idea sounds awesome. 
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know how much McGowan is for B pics?
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • edited December 2011
    Love the idea! 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_b-pics-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:74296858-b600-41c2-94f2-ddd34ff8e553Post:0a945400-a100-43ed-b089-e8d738ee2a60">Re: B-pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know how much McGowan is for B pics?
    Posted by AmberMarieTX[/QUOTE]

300 without an album or 400 with an album.  In my opinion it was totally worth the money over a marathon style (for me).  The extra time and lots of outfit changes was so awesome and it was a WONDERFUL experience. 
  • edited December 2011
    Does that come with a CD of high res images with copyright release?
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend who is an AWESOME photog and is doing them for me.  Maybe if some other girls are interested I could talk her into doing a mini marathon? 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_b-pics-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:74296858-b600-41c2-94f2-ddd34ff8e553Post:2e422d0b-02d5-4ecf-b2fb-709d04402f6f">Re: B-pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does that come with a CD of high res images with copyright release?
    Posted by AmberMarieTX[/QUOTE]

Yes it does on both accounts so you certainly dont have to get the album if you do not want to.
  • edited December 2011
    I just can't imagine that moment of feeling comfortable enough to have good pictures taken. Like I feel like I will look awkward...  not beautiful like you guys :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

July 2011 Bride
  • edited December 2011
    Amber, I was sooo nervous going into mine but at least for me Chelsea and I emailed so many times back and forth and she had me start off with the least revealing outfit.  She helped me get into poses maximizing my good areas and minimizing the bad and took some pics.  I was still skeptical if I could look amazing like other girls I saw then she shows you what is in the camera.  At that moment I was stunned there I was looking at a pic of myself (unedited) and thinking wow I look good and from there it just flowed.  I honestly cant say it any more just do it and you wont regret it.
  • edited December 2011
    that is so encouraging bobbileigh! thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_b-pics-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:74296858-b600-41c2-94f2-ddd34ff8e553Post:2c9fbb1e-fb95-4f45-adc8-e7a7bdbf019a">Re: B-pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend who is an AWESOME photog and is doing them for me.  Maybe if some other girls are interested I could talk her into doing a mini marathon? 
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

I know she had 2 marathons set up for this year already and last I heard there was still a few spots left in one. Those only cost $175. I would email her to see if there are any spots still left!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll look into it, but my friend is doing them for free....can't beat that!
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want more of the "Vargas" or pin-up girl look, maybe look into some of the local pin-up photographers (believe it or not, there are several).

Here are a few:
    Dynamite Dames <--clicky
    Twisted Tiffany Photo (start-up/semi-pro)
    Miss Missy Photography <--clicky
    Jill Rasco Photography <---clicky

Oh, and my photographer (David Wilson) said he does them, too.

Nothing against McGowan (at all!) just some other suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    Kandice Ray Photography is who I plan on using
    My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_b-pics-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:74296858-b600-41c2-94f2-ddd34ff8e553Post:08136810-33b2-4d7c-b5fa-947ea5fc18f5">Re: B-pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want more of the "Vargas" or pin-up girl look, maybe look into some of the local pin-up photographers (believe it or not, there are several). Here are a few: Dynamite Dames  <--clicky Twisted Tiffany Photo (start-up/semi-pro) Miss Missy Photography  <--clicky Jill Rasco Photography <---clicky Oh, and my photographer (David Wilson) said he does them, too. Nothing against McGowan (at all!) just some other suggestions!
    Posted by dianaslik[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea Diana! I didn't even realize there were pin-up photographers!
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was really nervous too and my photographer suggested I bring a bottle of champagne, which definitely helped!  It really helps when you have a photographer that knows how to direct you.  My photographer is one in Houston (KimberlyBrookePhotographic), so I am not familiar with the ones in Dallas.  I've seen great work from Chelsea from the other girls on here and they look great!

If you are in Houston, Kimberly was fantastic!  She made me feel comfortable and directed me well.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_b-pics-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:74296858-b600-41c2-94f2-ddd34ff8e553Post:2c9fbb1e-fb95-4f45-adc8-e7a7bdbf019a">Re: B-pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend who is an AWESOME photog and is doing them for me.  Maybe if some other girls are interested I could talk her into doing a mini marathon? 
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

My sister and I actually just talked about this last night.  We totally want to do them now.  I feel more comfortable having my sister there with me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards