African American Weddings

Vent

Hi ladies
Hope everyone Sunday is going well. Okay my vent. FI and I looked at a venue that we wanted to have our ceremony and wedding at in late January. We were excited that we had accomplished a check early and could focus on other areas of the wedding. So last night we went to an event at this venue and was so disappointed. The carpet smelled funny and the service staff was so rude. So when we saw the manager we pulled him to the side and addressed our concerns. He said he could not discuss anything with us during somebody else event. We understood this.
Today I talked to my coordinator and told her our concerns and what we wished to do. Boy did she let me have it. She was upset that we did not wait to talk with manager and told me, "We could febreeze the carpet before hand and everything would be okay. Also told me I was making a big deal over nothing. Now she will not return my phone calls. Ugghhhhh!!!

Thanks for listening.....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent

• Say what?!  You have every reason to be concerned and upset.  Febreeze the carpet?  What in the world?  Your coordinator is plain wrong.  Would she be ok with that for herself?  She's asking you to compromise or be complacent.  It's your money and your wedding.  You deserve and should get what you paid for and what you want.   

If it were me, I'd be reconsidering my choices for both venue and coordinator.  At the very least they would get a very strong talking to.  JMO.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Totally agree with PP...your coordinator up was VERY wrong...and I personally would be moving on myself from both...we don't (normally) get wedding do overs!
    You have my WHOLE heart for my WHOLE life!
  • OMG... She is dead wrong. I agree with pp. I would not fool with her anymore. She wouldn't want that for herself. That's just ridiculous.
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • Oh heck no!!!! I'm not in your business but I would say run. There is no better indicator of how something will go than another event. They should be bending over backwards to accomodate you and promise  that xyz will be improved. When someone shows you who they are believe them, even if its a venue
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies
    Yall made me feel so much better and that I was not the crazy one. So FI and I discussed last night that we are going to start the search for another venue. We may loss our deposit at the other venue but we will have to cut our lost and PUSH forward. We are also going to re-evaluate our coordinator. This is the second incident we have had and I am looking at this as a sign that this relationship just is not going to work. I prayed on the situation and now leaving it in GOD's hands. 
    Thanks again. What a great group of women.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e499bb5-5e4e-4011-92b9-bf13b266f155Post:fb7463a9-ddcd-44bd-af4d-de0d998e7bcb">Re: Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies Yall made me feel so much better and that I was not the crazy one. So FI and I discussed last night that we are going to start the search for another venue. We may loss our deposit at the other venue but we will have to cut our lost and PUSH forward. We are also going to re-evaluate our coordinator. This is the second incident we have had and I am looking at this as a sign that this relationship just is not going to work. I prayed on the situation and now leaving it in GOD's hands.  Thanks again. What a great group of women.
    Posted by Soon to Be Mrs Jay[/QUOTE]

Hey girl...what venue was it?  I am in your area.  Also what area of Baltimore are you looking for. I have a few suggestions depending on what you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the other ladies, your coordinator was dead wrong. She's supposed to be your champion, on YOUR side. Febreeze?! WTH??
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Wow see Shaniqua would have came out with that BS comment from her!!!
  • In my Donald trump voice ya FIRED What the what
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e499bb5-5e4e-4011-92b9-bf13b266f155Post:7c1530cb-33ff-47cb-9aec-84ad3784d31a">Re: Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vent : Hey girl...what venue was it?  I am in your area.  Also what area of Baltimore are you looking for. I have a few suggestions depending on what you want.
    Posted by RanyattaCasey[/QUOTE]

What she said plus I don't want to use that venue for my party
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • please kick her ass to the curb! aaaand the venue.
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Da Hayle!?? Febreeze!? Ain't nobody got time fa DAT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e499bb5-5e4e-4011-92b9-bf13b266f155Post:dfa37903-b262-4f58-8f9d-4a425d0e6350">Re: Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Say what?!  You have every reason to be concerned and upset.  Febreeze the carpet?  What in the world?  Your coordinator is plain wrong.  Would she be ok with that for herself?  She's asking you to compromise or be complacent.  It's your money and your wedding.  You deserve and should get what you paid for and what you want.    If it were me, I'd be reconsidering my choices for both venue and coordinator.  At the very least they would get a very strong talking to.  JMO.
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>All of this!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Cha

</div>
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards