Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Whine - open at your own risk!

I am being a big baby, so feel free to snark if it makes you happy :P

I am SLAMMED at work - as in every 30 minute chunk of time is booked, even today and tomorrow. For the past 3 weeks, there's been travel and a holiday to take up 2-3 days of my work week, and I'm really feeling it. Oh, and in addition to my standard work, I was staffed on 3 new accounts, and have a ton of work to do to kick off those new contracts.

My coworkers, however, all are having light work weeks because their customers took the whole week off.

I just want to whine and vent. I want to be goofing off with everyone else! What's up with all this work? And why am I slammed, but my boss is "working" from home and isn't responding to my emails?

Waaaaaa!

Re: Whine - open at your own risk!

• edited December 2011
    Waaaaa, that sucks :-/ Thanksgiving week is always a goof off week.

Tell your clients they should be on vacation ;-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    Do you need an assistant?  I'm SO bored at work.  I ask for extra work. 

Hang in there, only 1.5 days till Thanksgiving! Hopefully your afternoon gets brighter!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I know. I feel like whiling because I'm SOOO bored. I would rather be busy, but not too busy. We need to be in the middle and have the right amount of work. Waaah right with ya, Jenn.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely despise being swamped the week of a holiday!  I hope tomorrow is sloooooooow for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn and Molly, I have mountains of data that you can pivot out for me! :D

And I have fussy clients that have a recurring 1 hour call every day this week. Yesterday, I sent out minutes from their meeting summarizing the discussions points and next steps (what we're talking through today). Today they send a nastygram wanting to know why Ididn't bother providing them with an agenda. So apparently just ONE document is not enough. they must receive multiple files per day in order to feel loved. You know, because I have oodles of time on my hands.
  • edited December 2011

Now I can't get Ross Gellar's "Pivot! Pivot!" out of my head. :P

• edited December 2011
    Ugh I totally understand your pain. My one coworker has NO work to do what-so-ever. He hasn't done a thing but surf the web for like 2 freaking weeks now. I have enough work for 3 people. Not fair. Wahhhhh.
  • snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_whine-open-own-risk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:8350c8df-ec02-4838-a1f1-7868a7f5bd0cPost:e2de6621-afd1-4ea3-b1f8-72f167e793e0">Re: Whine - open at your own risk!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now I can't get Ross Gellar's "Pivot! Pivot!" out of my head. :P
    Posted by dreamalotmp[/QUOTE]
    OMG, M, love it!! Any time we're carrying something, or just generally need to turn (whether walking, driving, whatever), DH always says, "PIVOT!!"
  • snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn, I think you're totally justified in being whiny--I would be too!
  • edited December 2011
    I use Pivot! a lot, too. Love it so.
  • edited December 2011
    Woohoo.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSTJL1ikxXY

I just snorted out loud at work watching this.
  • Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely a justifiable whine.  No one should be that busy during a holiday week!

I'm a little busy today, but my boss is driving me up a wall.  Last time he was in here I definitely think I gave him a death stare before I caught myself.  I can't wait til tomorrow is over and the long weekend begins!

LOL at 'PIVOT' Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Thank goodness my boss took the week off!  Sorry that you're so busy -- Thanksgiving week is DEFINITELY a goof-off week.  (That's a memo that might be worth sending to your clients!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards