Rhode Island

Bakeries for Cup Cakes!

So we've decided to opt for a Cup Cake Tower instead of your traditional wedding cake for our 9/13/13 wedding at the Towers. Do you ladies have any rec's on an amazing bakery within close proximity of The Towers (we are planning out of state) that delivers?

Thanks Gals <3
Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bakeries for Cup Cakes!

• Your caterer???

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • we are going with either blackstone or west bay gourmet (most likely west bay) and they both referred me to bakeries in the area. I was just trying to see if there were other options out there.

Has anyone heard of Sweet Altheas? it is in Narragansett.
  • I used Cupcake Charlies in Newport. I absolutely LOVE their cupcakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cupcake Charlies!!!
  • Sweet indulgence! In Warwick...we used them for our cupcake tower, a small cake to cut for pics and also our candy bar. The best!!
  • If you can attend or could find out the competitors in the upcoming Great Cupcake Championship in Providence, you could get names of some of the best cupcakeries in the area. Just a thought to give you a starting point. Good luck! http://rifoodfights.ticketleap.com/cupcakechampionship/ or https://www.facebook.com/events/153547478129686/
  • thank you!!!!!!!!
  • We used TipC Cupcakes out of Providence and they were fantastic! Chan worked with us to customize a fantastic dessert buffet for our 90 guests that included five different kinds of cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, creme brulee, tiramisu, and fruit tarts. They delivered to us on Block Island and I worked with her to create table decor that would fit with our location. I highly, highly recommend them! And the price was EXTREMELY reasonable.

• Sweet Cakes Balery in PeaceDale. Not sure if they deliver but they're the best bakery in town.
  • Sin Bakery in Providence.  We are using them for our wedding for 7/7/13.  We decided on a traditional cake however they have amazing pictures of cupcakes that they have done for weddings and their cupcakes and cakes taste amazing!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_bakeries-for-cup-cakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:86205a42-3d30-43c6-962e-a1a7c1f01993Post:0fb4bdf7-9a4c-4c76-875f-0bde9002cc3a">Re: Bakeries for Cup Cakes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sweet indulgence! In Warwick...we used them for our cupcake tower, a small cake to cut for pics and also our candy bar. The best!!
    Posted by URIsweethearts[/QUOTE]

Can I ask - what was their pricing like?  We're looking for the same things for our wedding of roughly 110 people.  Were they reasonable?
  • sure- pricing wasn't bad. and we also had the same amount of people.
    2.50 per cupcake - we got 100.
    small cake was about $50 I believe
    candy bar was the big splurge. I think it was at least $1,000 maybe a little more. I think I remember her saying something like $12 per person.
    it was expensive, but we did that instead of a videographer. which would have been another splurge. people loved it though and it looks awesome. it was the favor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards