Iowa-Des Moines

RSVP question...

I have a question about RSVPs it seems that when we first sent them out we got a huge wave of responses right back. We haven't seen any for awhile but, our deadline isn't until the 3rd.  Did you ladies have "waves" of responses come in?? and is it true that about 1/3 of people don't respond?

Anniversary

Re: RSVP question...

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My deadline was yesterday. Mine did come in waves.

I only had less than half respond. So now I"ve been email/calling people to see if they are coming!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, when we first sent them out we got a few of them right back. Now it we get about one a day. I think they will come in waves my FSIL said that her's did that too. 
    Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    Ok sweet, I feel a little better about it now. I'm not going to lie to you guys I had a weird moment of "I don't think anyone is going to come to the wedding" kind of blues today : /
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Right there with you.  Invitations went out around the 18th of July.  Right away we got a ton in (ok not a ton, but it seemed like it).  Total last week and the week before I think we got about 5-6 per week.  Our deadline is September 1st and these people better get moving on it or I might just go postal on them.  For whatever reason, this has been my hot button issue.  I would say as of right now with 15 days left to RSVP we have about 1/4 (maybe) of the RSVP's back.  What really gets me is that a vast majority of the ones we don't have back are family.  The crapper of this is also that we are having plated meals, so we have to know what each person is eating.  I might not care so much if that wasn't the case.  Ok, who am I kidding, I would still be annoyed.  I think like Medusia, we will have about 1/2 of them that we have to hunt down... lovely.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the one we have gotten back have all RSVP'd no and then there are some like deregniern said that are family that haven't yet either. I get anxious more than anything. Hopefully people come and party it up with us lol ;)
    Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    I hope so too. I'm worried about my impromptu shower my aunt and sister are throwing me this weekend. All my friends have to work and ONE person has rsvp...yeah..i'm gonna feel awesome...
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am crossing my fingers that it all works out for us! I'm so ready for the big day to come are share it with all our loved ones! 
    Holiday
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours are due on the 8th of September.  We got a fair number back already...but there are definitely a lot that are still floating out there.  I find myself playing a guessing game, hahaha  It's funny too because some people that I know are habitual no-RSVP type people have already sent theirs in and others who are usually "on top" of things, still haven't sent theirs in.  I am just hoping that we won't have too many phone calls/emails to take care of around the deadline....we have a meeting with our reception venue the following week to go over final details....ugh!  Fingers crossed! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cutoff date is 8/27 and we've received 76 out of 136 sent.  We received a lot in the beginning and now it seems like one per day.  We've had almost all yes's which has been surprising but then there were a few that I was 100% sure would be there, and they RSVP'd "No."  I really think it's a toss-up and it makes planning close to impossible.  We have limited seating available and have to pay for additional chairs so I have to have an exact count.  After our cutoff date, we're definitely planning to call/email everyone so we can get exact numbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards