Michigan-Grand Rapids

Vendors with a barn!

Help! We just got engaged a couple of weeks ago and we're trying to find a barn near West Michigan for $1200 or under!

This unfortunately means a big no to:
-Blue Dress Barn
-Post Family Farm
-Bowen's Mills
-Misty Farms (Ann Arbor)
-Hitching Post unless it is a weekday, bleh!

We're kind of considering:
-The Silo
-Cobble Stone Farm (Ann Arbor)
-Country Mill Orchard
-Celery Flats Farm.. oh so inexpensive!!

We will take any obscure advice! I've been googling orchards, farms, nature centers and parks like it's nobody's business. Does anyone have a recommendation for a place I've overlooked?

Thanks! :)

Re: Vendors with a barn!

• edited December 2011
    hey!
    i almost booked, Douglas Walker Park in Byron Center. It's really lovely. It's only $600 to rent for the whole day! But it only fits 150 max.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! Going to check it out now :)!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Wildwood Family Farms in Caledonia.  They are super super nice and I think the prices were under $1200, but not sure.  Here is the link to them......

http://www.wildwoodfamilyfarms.com/index.asp

Hope this helps and good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    bummer, that place is perfect but they raised the prices to $2200-3000. :(
  • SusanK77SusanK77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if they will allow weddings to come to their farm but it may be worth a phone call. Lubber's Family Farm is in Grand Rapids off Lake Michigan Drive.

http://www.lubbersfarm.com/

I went to school with their daughter. Wonderful family and can't hurt to ask. They did their daughter's wedding on site and also provided all the food for the wedding. Everything at the wedding was from the farm. Just an idea.
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking for something just like this and am having trouble finding any place I love. The big downfall is that I live right between Grand Rapids and Lansing so a lot of these are just too far away. 
  • edited December 2011
    Okay so my research has told me that if you live near Grand Rapids, you should check out Hitching Post Barn (Hitchingpostevents.com) or closer to Lansing in Charlotte is Country Mill Orchard with a b eautiful barn. They are my top contender right now. Their website is orchardwedding.com.

If you want, I can send you a list of about 23 places I compiled through serious google searching after I posted this, LOL. Just tell me your email.
  • edited December 2011
    Would you mind possibly sending me that list? I am looking for literally the exact same thing

JessMarieA@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

Jess
  • edited December 2011
    A photographer friend of ours just mentioned The Old Onion Barn in Plainwell, MI as a beautiful site for a wedding.  We're not really considering a barn wedding anymore so we never looked into cost or anything like that but it might be worth checking out.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Old-Onion-Barn/61842964459
  • edited December 2011
    I just recently got engaged and I am looking for a barn/farm venue. If you could send me that list you complied, I would be sooooo grateful!

Lytleam@gmail.com

Thanks!!!!
  • rayetterrayetter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking for a barn venue but am having issues finding an event with a date available. Could someone please email me the list of possible sites. I have already contacted a handful and am running out of ideas. Thank you!

My email is rayetter00@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    Would you mind emailing me that list as well please?
    shelby.harig@gmail.com

Thank you so much,
    Shelby
  • Hello! I just got engaged and would LOVE to have a reception in a barn. Noticed you had a list of 23 places. I live in the Grand Rapids area and have only found a few. If you would be willing I would love to take a look at your list. kborst2@email.davenport.edu In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_vendors-barn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:624a23a9-bdb4-4db6-8e0f-f9873e07929ePost:32369862-7746-4a88-a368-6c254c114c37">Re: Vendors with a barn!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay so my research has told me that if you live near Grand Rapids, you should check out Hitching Post Barn (Hitchingpostevents.com) or closer to Lansing in Charlotte is Country Mill Orchard with a b eautiful barn. They are my top contender right now. Their website is orchardwedding.com. If you want, I can send you a list of about 23 places I compiled through serious google searching after I posted this, LOL. Just tell me your email.
    Posted by caseychampion[/QUOTE]
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Would someone please send me the list too. having same issue Ktowleryahoo.com
  • Please send me the list...
    steffes_jessica_10@yahoo.com
  • You wouldn't have that list still would you? Lorcoop11@hotmail.com
  • I saw some advertised on Grand Rapids craigslist!
  • Old wooden Barn in Hudsonville
  • I would love that list as well my email is adod1987@yahoo com I greatly appreciate it.
    Amanda
  • kee4290kee4290 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Hello I got engaged in February. I had my barn booked, and unfortunately it's a newer barn. There were some issues that came up, so the owners canceled everyone's contract. Is there anyway I could get a list of barns to host my wedding and reception? If you could please get into contact with me, it would be very much appreciated!!! I live in Southwest Michigan, and I'm looking in Michigan and also Indiana.
  • fishnutfishnut member
    First Comment

My daughter just got married this past Saturday at cobble stone farms. I would recommend them to anybody looking to have a very unique venue. Only issue we had was with lodging for all the people that came from down state, mostly because of the holiday weekend. Other than that it was the perfect place & the owners Bill & Toni Sweet were the best. Everything was perfect!!!

• Hydrangea Blu Barn in Rockford, Michigan is a really great barn venue!

• You don't still happen to have that venue list, do you? Any help would be much appreciated!
  • If Traverse City is not to far, check out Cobblestone Farms-  www.cobblestonefarmstc.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards