Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Groom's father as the best man - trashy?

2»

Re: Groom's father as the best man - trashy?

• TBranoff - why trashy?  I agree with everyone else. My sister's husband had his father as the best man, and my fiance is doing the same.  It's sweet and honorable.  What a strange word to describe the situation. 
  • nothing wrong with that. My brother chose our dad as his BM. And my aunt is my Matron of Honor. For some people, family and friends are one and the same.
  • back before 1960, the father was up there anyway with the best man.. and there was not any best men in some cases,  you are actually using an old tradition which is lovely I think!
  • **sigh** OP never came back to explain why she would put this in the "trashy" category.  I was really hoping to understand why the question was asked.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • My brother had our dad as his Best Man! Not trashy at all :)
  • Why would that be trashy? It would seem trashy to have the Groom's Mom as the best man! Lol...seriously, It's ya'll's special day...YOU will remember it forever...it should be the way YOU want it! ENJOY!
  • Think it's a wonderful thing.  Nice that they are that close.
  • im very confused at how this could be trashy at all????   my Fiance is having his father as  his best Man because he is very close to his father and could think of anyone else he would want up there next to him..  please tell me how anyone would think this is trashy??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My brother had my dad as his best man a couple years ago.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Definitely not trashy! 

I'm actually going to have my mom as my MOH, with my grandfather walking me down the aisle. I'm very close to my family and couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have standing next to me on the most important day of my life than the person who has been standing next to me through my whole life. She helped make me who I am now, so what better way to thank her than to honor her?
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • no way is that trashy - if anyone says it is, there is something wrong with  them (in my opinion)  I think it is an honor for the groom to have his father as best man!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards