New York-Upstate
Options

Alterations...?

Much to my own surprise, it's starting to look like I've found The Dress at David's Bridal, of all places. I'm a bit nervous about pulling the trigger, though, since I've heard some pretty negative things, especially about their alterations department.

Has anyone here bought a gown and/or had alterations done at the David's in Albany? Or could anyone recommend a good, affordable, independent seamstress for my alterations if I do decide to get this gown?

October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image

Re: Alterations...?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey pockysquirrel, nice to see you again ;)  I was just like you, and worried about the alterations dept at the Albany location, but I bought my dress anyway.  I say go ahead and buy the dress (never pass up a good deal, especially if it's THE DRESS you love), you can always find a great seamstress later. 
    That being said, not sure if I can help much, but I went to Nitaya's Custom Sewing (Albany) about a BM dress for a wedding I was in and she was great.  I'll be going to Marilyn's in Freehold as I live closer to Columbia County and I've heard great things about her (she was seamstress for a coworker's daughter's wedding a few months ago and they raved about her).  HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT have your alterations done there. Buy they dress, but get it altered somewhere else. The completly ruined a prom dress of mine. Like cut off the train ruined. And that night there were three other proms and two brides crying because our dresses were destroyed. I had two days to find a new dress and they tried to tell my mom she had to wait a month for her refund. So yeah, just don't do it.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @littleluckypenny - Nice to see you, too. :) And thanks for the suggestions. I will probably go with Nitaya's just because Freehold is a little far for me to be making multiple trips to for fitting appointments. But I'll probably talk to and price both.

@dramaqueen - Yikes! Sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for sharing, though. That's exactly the kind of horror story I'm hoping to avoid.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards