Wedding Etiquette Forum

::Missy::

I just said hi to you in Fishy's thread, but wanted to say hi again and give hugs. *hugs*

How are you holding up?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: ::Missy::

• I second the sentiments of the beat.

Hi missy and lots of hugs, buddy.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Hey Missy. I love you.
  • Missy, hugs from me as well.  I hope you're hanging in there Hun.
  • edited December 2009
    Missy, I saw your response in the thread below. Hang in there, and please know that you are missed!

p.s. Thanks for the bonus nickname fishy!

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Missy--left my love for you below, but I'm leaving it here too!! Lots of love, and then some!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ladies, you've brought tears to my eyes, seriously. I'm doing okay (even with the tears!) - I brought Maggie home last night, and she's currently in one of her favorite random places. She always loved walking around under the Christmas tree (and the blinds, etc). When the tree comes down and we have a proper urn for her, she'll go on a bookcase or the desk.

We did the right thing - turns out she'd gotten a lot sicker than we thought, and probably was in some pain. But the house is deafeningly quiet. She made very little noise, but I keep expecting to see her at the bottom of the stairs, or wanting to go out, or lying on the couch. I keep one of her blankets with me. John's tried to take it, and I won't let him. She was my baby, you know?

We are planning to look at a local shelter and see if anything feels right. It feels good to look online; it may not when we're there. But the house is lonely. And I don't need that.

Otherwise, things seem to be going okay. Thank God I went before this shiit hit the fan......

(((hugs))) to all of you. I haven't been posting much for personal reasons, but I love you guys.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Rach, I <3 you back!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Aw, I have sadface reading this. I think you should keep the blanket until you feel ready to put it away. Everyone deals with this kind of loss differently. When my childhood cat passed away a couple months ago at my parents' house, they got rid of all her bedding and toys that same morning because they didn't want any reminders. But if I was there I would have wanted to keep something, so to each their own.

My MIL has lost many pets, and has a really sweet ritual for each pet. She writes them a nice letter telling them her favorite times together and how they touched her life. Then she seals the letter and stores it away with their favorite toy. I know nothing can take the pain away right now, but maybe something like this would help? It's nice to feel like you can still have contact with a loved one after they're gone.

• Beatles, her collar and leash are still in my purse... I'm keeping her nametag. I never got to make one with her new last name. I offered to make one for John to use as a keychain, but he doesn't use them (any kind). He doesn't mean anything by trying to take the blanket away; he's trying to help me. I sleep with it - it helps me remember her.

We sent her two favorite blankets and her Snoopy toy with her. The only things we've gotten rid of were her Valium injection (had to) and will get rid of her medications. We'll keep the bedding. I might write her a letter. What was important to me was to be with her at the end, and I got to kiss her goodbye. That meant everything to me - she knew we were there, and she knew we were taking care of her.

Her "real" name was Magnolia. Yesterday, I ordered a sterling silver Magnolia Rembrandt charm and bought two light blue accent beads with swaroski crystals on them (she had blue marble eyes). That's my tribute to her.

Anyway, thanks for posting to me. I was kind of scared  :).
    (((hugs)))) have a good evening. Will report on our visit to the shelter tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards