Connecticut

Traveling Hair AND Makeup???

So I just found out this morning that my hair and makeup person (who I hadn't signed a contract with) is no longer accepting contracts due to personal matters.  :(  I am SO bummed!  She and her assistant worked my sister's wedding in December and did a FANTASTIC job!  Obviously, I wish her well, but find myself starting from square one in terms of hair and makeup...

I've seen many names tossed around here, but am trying to find a hair and makeup team that will travel to Hartford for me and my gals.  I find that some just do makeup, some just do hair...  Any suggestions?  I've seen Dana Bartone all over this site - who else does this?

THANK YOU all!

Re: Traveling Hair AND Makeup???

• edited December 2011
    I needed a hair and makeup team too. I didn't want someone who does both hair and makeup because I guess I feel "jack of all trades, master of none". I'd rather someone specialize in makeup and a separate person specialize in hair. I went with Erin Infantino of Simply Gorgeous by Erin for makeup (awesome!) and for hair I'm using a hair stylist she works with all the time who also travels, Lauren Pacelia of Borrowed and Blue. I know they both advertise on here too. Some others I've seen/heard of are Naomi's (expensive), Dana (also pricey, esp her travel fee) and some woman who does Mary Kay (I just don't like Mary Kay makeup). HTH :)
  • estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NAOMI MARTINEZ STUDIO & SALON!!!  Naomi and her team travel to your site and her salon is located in Hartford.  I booked with her for hair and make-up for myself and my bridesmaids.  She was on the Tyra Banks show and won a make-up contest.  My photographer HIGHLY recommended Naomi and her team!

http://www.naomimartinez.com/intropage.html
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto for Naomi's team. i had my trial with Shaenna for makeup, she makes you look stunning in about 20 mins! Hair i'm using my regular stylist because she might cry if she couldn't do my wedding hair :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage
  • edited December 2011
    i worked with naomi's team too. jenna did hair and laura did makeup. TOTALLY 1000000000% worth the money. they rocked :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my trial with A Touch of Color Makeup.  Sharyn Scully is an independent makeup artist and will travel.  She's very patient with trying to get the look I want and I ended up with something else from what I had initially thought would work on me :)  She works with a couple of hair stylist as she doesn't do it herself.  I learned about her from another local Knottie :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_traveling-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:187a4ef1-51e8-4b72-96eb-98c2504e85a7Post:f818fe30-5160-43d1-a686-7428627692eb">Re: Traveling Hair AND Makeup???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had my trial with A Touch of Color Makeup.  Sharyn Scully is an independent makeup artist and will travel.  She's very patient with trying to get the look I want and I ended up with something else from what I had initially thought would work on me :)  She works with a couple of hair stylist as she doesn't do it herself.  I learned about her from another local Knottie :)
    Posted by wrdgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>This. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is in Hartford and I'm using Larissa Lake for my makeup but she also does hair (my friend owns a salon and is doing all of our hair).  Larissa uses airbrush makeup which i loved at my trial, and also applied lashes. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all for the info!  I have a lot of research to do - but at least you all narrowed down my list!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Larissa Lake... her work is amazing, she is such a sweetheart... and her prices are a little lower than the competition.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    Beauty Entourage has both hair and make up and I know they have girls that only do hair and only do make up. They aren't far from Hartford either. They did an amazing job on my day and the owner is very attentive to emails. HTH.

• edited December 2011
    Ditto Beauty Entourage. Love them! They are doing my wedding, and they are also my normal hair dresser.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend hired Donna Puma for hers and I think I may hire her as well.  Though only a bridesmaid, I felt beautiful and she was very professional and listened to what we all wanted to look like, always good when it's your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards