North Carolina

DEAD!!

DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!  This board is DEAD!!! WHERE IS EVERYBODY???Wink

Re: DEAD!!

• edited December 2011
    DEAD!!!!!!!! It seems boring for a couple of days, what happened???  We aren't the boring brides from NC, we are the crazy cool talkative brides from NC!! 

(insert DORK stamp)
  • edited December 2011
    your right though, everyone has disappeared and it is very quiet.....we need to shake things up a bit!!!

we don't even have lurkers anymore....are we THAT boring???
  • edited December 2011

We need to get a game or poll going, or something Smile

• edited December 2011
    thinking.....thinking......thinking......
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I keep coming to check in...and...nothing.

It has been pretty slow the past few days.

Think we'll get a "wintry mix" this weekend?  I'm supposed to take my Great-Grandmother to a bridal show in Winston, but I'm crossing my finger's she'll back out.
    edited December 2011
    Embarassed Sorry to duplicate the weather talk from today's "good morning" post.  I hadn't read down that far yet...just pretend that didn't happen Wink
  • edited December 2011
    i went to lunch and come back and we have some activity on the board!!! yay
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We were at pre-marital counseling this morning. . otherwise I would have been on here.

Im still wanting to do a game night, but I feel like whenver I offer everyone is busy :(. . .

We also went to Jersey Mikes today for lunch (FI had NEVER been before) --for some unknown reason I keep calling it 'Jimmy Johns' . . .sooo yummy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    what do you do at pre-marital counseling?  just curious.
    edited December 2011
    We're just talking about things that could go on during the marriage, how to work through things, and problems that could come up. Its been rather helpful and this session was much better than the last since last time the pastor pretty much told me to move out of the house for the month, but since he's not actually marrying us (FI's aunt is) then he's dropped the subject.

Let me totally recommend a book though! 5 Languages of Love is great :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhhh i LOVE the Five Love Languages!!!! Super great book. AND, the author is from China Grove, NC  Wink  Me and DH took the test (you can google it, I dont think it's in the book) and our two top 'languages' are Affection and Quality Time.
  • edited December 2011
    Though the author is totally right when he says they can change over time. Like, Acts of Service is definitely starting to become one of my languages. When DH does things around the house to lessen my workload, it makes me feel all happy inside! lol
  • edited December 2011

*pirategal*  I received an email about the Winston-Salem bridal show being cancelled.  I can forward it to you if you would like.  Just leave your email.

edited December 2011
    The test is in the book :) I've got a tie for 3. FI hasnt finished the book yet, but I've found it to be VERY helpful and it totally all makes since. Our pastor grew up with Gary's kids :)
  • edited December 2011
    hmmmm...sounds pretty cool! my sister did pre-marital counseling and they liked it as well but they were very young when they got married too.
    edited December 2011
    whoo hoo canceled.  That makes my weekend planning easier. Gan's going to be disappointed, but it's probably for the better.

me = username @ gmail dot com

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    pirategal, YGM!
  • edited December 2011
    it is NOT going to snow....(think positive)....it is NOT going to snow!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh ok! It's been so long since Ive read it, I forgot that it did have a test. DH only skimmed the book, I was so aggrevated that he wouldnt read it Yell
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually psyched for the snow, sleet, whatever, bring it on!!! I love cuddling up inside when it's cold and gross outside.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was very bummed about the W-S wedding show being cancelled.  2 of my bridesmaids (the only local ones) were going to go with me, but one can't go next week to the GSO one, and I can't go to the rescheduled W-S one on the 13th as we already have Valentiens Day winery touring plans :(  I wanted to meet djs and florists and find good cake :(
    edited December 2011
    Beth, I went to the one in Greensboro earlier in the month.  It was soooo crowded that it was hard to walk around and you could hardly talk to anyone.

The best tasting cake there was from Edible Artistry.  No question on that one.  I can't even remember the names of the other places, they weren't worth remembering.   But EA had an amareto cake and a tres leche cake that were ah-mazing.  I need more of that amareto cake in my life.  They're located in High Point.
  • edited December 2011
    i just need more cake in my life period....
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I need more cake in my life too.... But actually I stopped by the Gap outlet on the way home and I wasn't happy that I hadn't dropped a pant size yet. However, they weren't as tight as they have been in the past, so thats a good sign!!!

Watching movies all day on Saturday sounds wonderful. 

I applied for a summer job today, I hope they call back! It looked like a fun restaurant inside to work at. 

PS. I haven't done marriage counseling yet, but sounds like it would be interesting and maybe we would learn something from it... hmmm
    edited December 2011
    What's the restaurant, sundrop?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:526c83c1-2192-4355-8174-2459633859d1Post:a16fa392-02ea-4098-b4b0-af361637ec88">Re: DEAD!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also went to Jersey Mikes today for lunch (FI had NEVER been before)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Whoa, how is that even possible?!?!  haha.  Man I miss Jersey Mike's so much.  Last time I was home I made a point of going and getting the club supreme.  Soooooooooo good!
    edited December 2011
    ::shrug::  I've never had Jersey Mike's...
    edited December 2011
    He's a yankee. . thats all I can think of?? But I think there are Jersey Mikes in the north?? I dont know. . but either way, he stated that 'we're going back soon' Hah :)

• edited December 2011
    Yeah they're from NJ originally lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Pirategal- Fire Island and Grille or Fire Isle and Grill... its at Barefoot Landing at North Myrtle Beach!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards