Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How many cupcakes?

I am doing cupcakes in leiu of cake, and I'm doing them myself.  How many cupcakes should I have for 150 people?  We're not having a groom's cake (FI hates cake), but instead probably pecan pie or banana pudding.  

Re: How many cupcakes?

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are they normally sized cupcakes or large ones?

For regular sized cupcakes, I would probably get 200 in case some people want seconds.  For large ones, I would get 150.
  • edited December 2011
    They will be normal sized.  Thanks! 
  • edited December 2011
    I would do 200 as well  
    we had a part for around 50 and I made 100 three flaviors
    I thought we would have alot left over but there where maybe 10 left.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog
  • LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's better to have too much than not enough. However you will need enough pie to go around for everyone since not everybody likes cake. That said, 1 piece of pie per person and 1 cupcake per person is what you need.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you doing more than one flavor? If so, I would add even more. Some people like to have one of each flavor.
  • Rita092010Rita092010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have approximately 50 guests and are ordering 100 regular sized cupcakes.  Hope that helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My baker told me the same general rule for cupcakes as cake= 1.5 per person. so for 150 ppl you would want to do somewhere close to 200-225, maybe on the low end since you will have pie and extra stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards