West Virginia

Wedding gowns

Just curious about where you girls bought your gowns and how much you paid for them? I'm trying to get a feel for what is average at some of these boutiques. I looked at David's Bridal, but they don't really have what I want. Any feedback would be helpful!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wedding gowns

• bigchasmillerbigchasmiller member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'm a party planner.  When is your wedding? What I would suggest you do, if you have time, is to take a trip to bigger cities.  Make an appointment, if you're able to.    They have greater selections at bigger stores (first one that comes to mind is Kleinfeld's in NYC).  Sometimes they have dresses on the clearance racks that our local stores dull in comparision.  Know what your budget is prior.

If you need a list of some stores in various cities, let me know.  If your bridesmaid dresses haven't been purchased yet, there are more options out there that way as well. Hope this helps. 

It's YOUR day.  Remember, it's all about your vision.  May it come true!
    Chas.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Bridal and Formal in Cincinatti.  It is very similar in selection to Kleinfeld's, mentioned in the previous post, but much closer....for me anyway.  I don't know what part of the state you're in.  Its true that the selections there, and other stores I shopped at in larger cities (I shopped for a long time!) were much superior to the selections in the smaller stores in WV.  Bridal and Formal gave me a pretty good deal, you kind of have to barter....think along the same lines of buying a car.  Don't just pay what the price tag says!  I paid $2,500 for a $3,000 dress, and they even are going to ship the dress to my house at their cost so I don't have to pay OH sales tax. 
    Here is the website for the shop if you're interested.  Happy hunting!
    http://www.bridalandformalinc.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine from Nandel's Bridal in Eleanor.  I got my gown & BM dresses there.  My gown is Alfred Angelo style 1612. my bridesmaids are AA also.  You can see the BM gowns in my bio below. There's also a link to Nandel's on the vendor page.  My gown was $699 before tax & alterations.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Hi
    I found this online jewel. This company custom makes wedding gowns at a fraction of the price of bridal stores. I ordered my wedding gown from them and saved $800. I bought mine for $549 pluse taxes and shipping was free.  Send them photos of your dream dress and they can make it.

I wanted to let all the brides on the knot know how great they are. If you want to
    save money and have a beautiful designer wedding gown with out the designer price tag emaildynamicbrides they are wonderful.
    Good luck with everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards