Destination Weddings Discussions

The search is on

Im sure you all remember me having as issue with choosing my hair stylist and MUA. I decided just to stay with the salon in my resort just so I didn't have to cancel. I had to go to them but only pay $140. Well I just talked to my WC and that won't work. My ceremony is at 10am and my apt is at 8 (when they open) with them promising to get me done by 9:30, however I have to meet my WC at 9:45. Probably not gonna happen. Guess I better get looking and contact other people I was looking into.
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: The search is on

• How will you be doing your hair and makeup? Do you think it will take the full 1.5 hours?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I'm not sure. The hair style is in my Bio and I know I want a smokey eye. The thing is, even if I get done at say 9:15, I have to walk from the lobby area to my tower then up to my floor (I req the highest floor). So that could take 10 min. Then I gotta get dressed, put my undergarments on, jewelry, and shoes. I need to meet my WC at 9:45, which I was advised that because photo and all other service people are on a time schedule, if I'm late, they all charge extra. I just seems like I will be rushed to get ready.
  • Is there any way you could get all your under garments and accessories on before your appointment, or get dressed in the spa area? Or any way the spa could give you an appointment maybe 30 minutes earlier?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That stinks that you have to change plans now.  I can understand you feeling rushed though.  That's not a lot of time to get everything done. Hopefully you can find someone else quickly!

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_the-search-is-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:ea2e0ba7-980d-4937-8f35-b85519d0ed98Post:1e8bb546-8ec3-475a-9be3-15f1888a5643">Re: The search is on</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there any way you could get all your under garments and accessories on before your appointment, or get dressed in the spa area? Or any way the spa could give you an appointment maybe 30 minutes earlier?
    Posted by nicolej518[/QUOTE]

I asked before about an earlier apt and they said they don't open until 8. I'm not sure if they would have somewhere for me to get ready, not sure how big the salon is. I did find someone $30 extra and will come to my room. If she is available that day it maybe an option.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Kendra I hope she is too. I checked into who did yours and she charges an additional $50 just to come before 8:00 AM. YIKES!!
  • I agree, $30 is worth the lower stress of making sure you don't have to worry about time!
  • spend the extra $30 ! it will so be worth it. Unless you could push the ceremony back ? Not sure how your schedule is set up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I totally agree with everyone that it is worth the extra $30...honestly I think that it is worth the extra $50 if it means not being rushed that morning.  It is your wedding day and the last thing you want it to be rushing around and stressing yourself out!!!
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Ya I def don't want to be rushed. I can't postpone the wedding time to even 30 min laterbecause we have a limo ride scheduled right after. I certainly don't want to be scheduling eveything different now so I will try to find someone else before I cancel my apt. Maybe now I will be able to get airbrush!
  • I think the $30 will be well spent....even the $50. If you put away a dollar a day from now til then, you will almost be there with the cost!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards