Wedding Reception Forum
Options

2nd Reception outfit?

My FI and I are having a 2nd recepiton in his hometown after our wedding.  What should we wear? 

Should he rent a tux? I am planning on buying a new dress to wear, but not my wedding dress! 

Re: 2nd Reception outfit?

• Options
    How formal is your reception?  Can he get away with a suit or even a sports coat?  The both of you should dress for the formality of the reception.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had a friend do this.  At her second reception, she wore this cute, short white dress. He wore a suit. 
  • Options
    At our AHR, FI will be wearing a tan suit (designers name for the color is latte, i believe) and I will be wearing a short maggie sottero dress.
  • Options
    I'm wearing my rehearsal dinner dress, as the  rehearsal dinner and hometown reception are about the same dress code.
  • Options
    He doesn't own a suit and I guess I figured the reception in his hometown would be really casual.....on our invites we called it an open house...to me that implies, come as you are...but maybe I should put casual dress on there....
  • Options
    We are doing the exact thing but my FMIL and FFIL are wanting me to wear my wedding dress for the 2nd reception since they are paying for the reception!  You are lucky you have an option so I am trying to find a short white dress to change into for our 1st reception so I can keep my gown in somewhat good shape!

Goodluck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards