Nebraska-Omaha

Ceremony Locations

Hey ladies!

So I am currently living in Grand Island, but I am getting married in Omaha. Because I live out of town, I am not a member of a church in Omaha. I am looking for a church that I can get married in that doesn't require you to be a member, and doesn't require a great deal of classes. It's not that I mind doing classes, but it would just need to be something that could work around our schedule, as we're only able to make it back to Omaha maybe 2-3 times a month because of our work schedule.

I'm not a fan of the two chapels I've seen in Omaha (A Merry Occassion and something else), and I've looked at Westwood Church off 132nd & Center, and while I LOVE the little chapel they have, it only holds 50 people and my wedding is a bit larger then that.

Does anyone attend a church/know of a church that I could check out?

Oh, and I already contacted boystown, and as of further notice they are no longer doing weddings there. The pastor said they may reopen the campus to do weddings next year, but he wont know until after January, and I can't put it off that long.

Thanks in advance for the help ladies! I really appreciate it! =]

Re: Ceremony Locations

• edited December 2011
    We had a hard time findnig a church that would accept us without being members. I am having a co-worker marry us and literally NO CHURCHES would take that! We ended up looking at hotels, which are usually cheaper to use in the long-run.
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *sigh* I had a feeling that's how it would turn out due to my search so far. I did find that Westwood Church, my Dad knows one of the big wigs there, but the chapel that we would have to use is very...new age. Not a lot of windows, pretty dark in there, very GREEN (literally...all the walls and floors and a forest green, which doesn't match my color scheme at all). Urgh...I really wanted a church, but I may just have to settle on something else I suppose..... =[

If anyone else knows of any churches that are welcoming enough to let non-members marry there, please let me know!!!
  • StephB22StephB22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a member of another church that doesnt have a building yet (recently opened) I am doing my ceremony at Christ Community Church. They allow non-members. so you could maybe check them out. I know they are an affiliat of my church but I dont think that matters. I know you will pay extra since you are a non-member--I had to. the website is cccomaha.org and the email is info@cccomaha.org and they can put you in contact with the correct person and they will send you some information on it they have a chapel that holds about 300 and then a larger one also. hope this helps! Good Luck

They do require classes but you can do them through your officiant you just have to have it approved or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for that info! I will email them today! =]
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got marred at CCC.  I am a regular attender there, though.

My SIL just got married at Peace Presbyterian in Elkhorn and has no affiliation with it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for that Husker! I just emailed that church as well. I'm hoping to hear back soon from one of them! I'm super anxious right now with not having a ceremony location!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand your anxiety, I just booked CCC this week, man was it stressful not having it figured out till then! GoodLUCK!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_ceremony-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:96fbc145-00f2-45c6-81b6-b307dae319ccPost:274d9482-438b-44e0-be28-33b60d8e44a3">Re: Ceremony Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand your anxiety, I just booked CCC this week, man was it stressful not having it figured out till then! GoodLUCK!
    Posted by StephB22[/QUOTE]

Are you getting married in the chapel or sanctuary?  I got married in the chapel. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
    edited December 2011
    Husker! I hope this isn't imposing...I'm having the trouble that my date is already booked for the sanctuary and so I'd like to be able to put my deposit down, but can't get back to Omaha to see it for another month (!!!), so I was wondering if you possibly had any pictures of the chapel that I would be able to see? TIA!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the Chapel they haven't cashed my check yet, but she said she had gotten it sooo I am pretty sure I have it taken care of. HOPEFULLY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011

Oh my gosh, I wish I could just go back to Omaha right now and look at it! I'm dying of anticipation! haha =]

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ill see if I can find a picture, I know someone who got married there in the chapel....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://juliebranyan.com/2010/05

OK, so this is the photographers website... and the first set of pictures of the wedding for Megan and Cory are at this church... after a few pictures theres a good one of the Chapel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hope this helps some.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome thank you so much!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board