Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Veil and short hair dilemma

I have a long cathedral veil that attaches to my hair with one of those little combs. The problem is, I'm affraid that halfway through the ceremony it will slide out, because it did that when I was trying on my wedding dress. My hair is currently short with a bob a little past my chin and I feel like this hair cut goes great with my faceshape, I'm considering going more shoulder length to increase my hair styling options. I'm wondering if there are any short hair dos that can guarentee that my veil will stay put?

Re: Veil and short hair dilemma

• Hair spray and bobby pins! I have a pixie right now. It is acutally growing out I kind of had a cut like Miley when she first cut her hair off. I have NO clue what I am going to do! I hate hate hate letting my hair grown and am afrain i am going to chop it off again before sept but eveyone keeps saying to just let it be for now. I feel more myself with short hair so I'm sure I will cut it for the wedding since I want to look at those pictures and remember me not me with longer hair!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I like the idea of your pixie cut! I think if that's you and how other's think of you, with the pixie cut, then keep it for the wedding! I've been looking online and saw some gorgeous hair pieces that go really well with short hair! I'm thinking of incorperating one of those too just not sure which look to go for.
  • Yea I'm prob going to cut it into the pixie and put a little comb type thing in with a little sparkle, but not really toooo sure yet
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Whatever you decide to do, I hope you post some pics! Your hairstyle sounds cute!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_veil-and-short-hair-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:661e7737-2bf6-43ce-8f6c-d17c401a75f9Post:d98d4745-e8b1-4c42-ad5c-7efc0d2292a8">Veil and short hair dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a long cathedral veil that attaches to my hair with one of those little combs. The problem is, I'm affraid that halfway through the ceremony it will slide out, because it did that when I was trying on my wedding dress. My hair is currently short with a bob a little past my chin and I feel like this hair cut goes great with my faceshape, I'm considering going more shoulder length to increase my hair styling options. I'm wondering if there are any short hair dos that can guarentee that my veil will stay put?
    Posted by Amyzen83[/QUOTE]

Hair spray the comb and use bobby pins to ensure that it won't slip...I also suggest teasing the area where the veil will be as this will give it more restistance so your veil won't slip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards