Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Seamstress recommendations?

Hello Pittsburgh brides!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good seamstress?  I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in June and she's decided that she wants us to order long David's Bridal dresses and have them shortened to knee-length - and David's won't do this big of an alteration on their dresses.  Someone in the Cranberry area would be the most convenient, but I'm willing to go anywhere for someone who knows what they're doing (and who won't charge an arm and a leg!)  Thanks so much!

Re: Seamstress recommendations?

• Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yolanda at Michaels Bridal Galleria. It's near Ross Park mall, but it's worth the trip. She is doing my dress and is not charging a ton. I bought my dress at David's too and didn't like their policy of not changing anything you buy from them.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only place I've outsourced to (my gram used to be a seamstress so she does all of my alterations) was Clarissa's and they were very affordable!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

A few years ago, I found a seamstress that lives a little north of Cranberry who did a great job on alterations for a bridesmaid dress (letting it out an inch or so) and another dress I had and her prices were really reasonable.  I can send you her contact info if you want, just PM me. 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards