February 2013 Weddings

brida dress

Hi Knotty Brides.... I have a question. Have anyone purchased there dress online??? Because I can't find one in stores but I seen two dresses that I love online. And I don't know what to do I'm scared of the online shopping I need help

Re: brida dress

• is it a reputable site?  maybe look for reviews (even though those can be fabricted) of the site.  do they have a return or exchange policy?  can you call and speak to someone?

j crew has a new bridal line that is exclusively online only...now that site i would trust ordering from. 

As far as whether you would like the dress/like the way it looks on you, that's hit or miss
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • oh, and I think you can order online from places like David's Bridal...maybe have your local seamstress take your measurements before you order anything?  Also make sure you find someone you are comfortable with to alter the gown.
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_brida-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:d42ccee3-2fd8-41b1-a1b7-d0b80069c749Post:e1de10f4-7cae-4741-889a-7205ce9b3b02">brida dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Knotty Brides.... I have a question. Have anyone purchased there dress online??? Because I can't find one in stores but I seen two dresses that I love online. And I don't know what to do I'm scared of the online shopping I need help
    Posted by 1latre[/QUOTE]

<div>Trust me, online love does <strong>NOT</strong> equal loving yourself in the gown. In most cases, the dress you're crazy about will translate differently on your body in person and may not live up to your expectations. You NEED to try on gowns in the stores. Bring pictures of the dresses you like and a bridal consultant can direct you to dresses that are similar in style. I had pinned many dresses in a particular style and shape, and found that I really did not like what I saw in the mirror. I knew instinctively it wasn't what I was going for. I ended up falling in love with something different and that is an experience that can only happen by physically putting on the gown. </div><div>
    </div><div>Not to mention--online shopping is an extremely tricky business and requires much research to ensure its a reputable company you're purchasing from. </div>
  • You are so right...cause I know I would be pissed if my dress doesn't look right on me....smh...Thank You ;
  • Thank You ;
  • Thank You, I'm going to check out that site and pin some photos that I like....
  • Thank You, I'm going to check out that site and pin some photos that I like....
  • true, i didn't even think about the style of dresses and finding what looks good on you.  good call!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards