Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Raw Footage Video

We are finalizing contract with our videographer.  Is it worth it to buy the raw footage as an added cost?

Re: Raw Footage Video

• Not unless you know how to edit it yourself. Raw footage tends to be really disjointed, because the videographer is looking to get specific shots. They usually aren't just letting the camera run for 10 hours while following you around on your wedding day, they are filming strategically in order to create a shorter finished product. If you don't know how to edit footage yourself, I can't imagine what the purpose of having all of the random, disjointed scraps that didn't make it into the final cut of the video would be.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I have a different point of view, because I only bought the raw footage. Our video has a few parts where he stopped the video and moved to something else, but it's not so disconnected to be confusing. I'm glad we have the whole day, because there are a lot of parts I think are hilarious that the videographer probably wouldn't have included. 
  • edited August 2012
    We went with the raw footage so that we could edit it ourselves. I have actually found a TON of amazing moments hidden in the raw footage that would have never been seen if we hadn't! The raw footage has a lot of great moments involving our wedding guests (since the video is focused mostly on the bride and groom) I think it'll be great to look back on. We've had a lot of great laughs looking through all of our footage. Good luck deciding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards