Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Gifts to Bridesmaids

So I was wondering if these gifts are suitable. I have crocheted a very cute lacy scarf for each of my girls, bought them earrings, and paying for their make up.  I am also making clutches for them to go with thier scarves, but they will have to be sent later after the honeymoon because my shipment will not come in.  Are the handmade scarves too informal?

Re: Gifts to Bridesmaids

• redheadfsuredheadfsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    As long as they would like that type of thing, then it is fine. I actually think it is sweet.

Also remember anything required for the wedding (like makeup) is not a gift.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Their gifts should have nothing to do with your wedding.  If you'd be willing to give them the exact same gift for Christmas or their birthday, it's fine.  But having their makeup done for your wedding, or earrings to wear in your wedding, aren't gifts to them, they're expenses for your wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Do you think it is okay to include jewelry as a gift if it is something you would give to them at Christmas or their birthday?
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_gifts-bridesmaids-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:04f27b35-c785-4249-b7b6-41d441f5353aPost:e2b15443-c604-4f5a-a37e-a84b5bd182e0">Re: Gifts to Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you think it is okay to include jewelry as a gift if it is something you would give to them at Christmas or their birthday?
    Posted by pretzelgrrl[/QUOTE]

I think that is fine. Jewelry is not excluded as a BM gift. Just if it is wedding related, then it isn't a gift.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • I ordered personalized purse hangars from etsy.  I just think the idea is to say thanks and recognize the firendship in a special way. so special gift is great.  weddign stuff, bad.  :-)  I love that you made them something, too, so it doesn't even matter if it's informal.
  • I think that's a great idea.  To me, handmade things makes it more personal and I'm sure they'll all use it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am purchasing their jewelry but also having customized picture frames made for each of them. The first gift takes a little financial strain off and the second is more personal and more like a  "gift". I think you are getting them a lot and I am sure they will love everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've gotten 3 of my 4 BM a coach wristlet. Getting the other a giftcard to a restraunt & a gift card to the movies- offering to babysit so they can have a date night.

I'm getting a little something else for the other 3, plus something for the MOH. Just don't know what yet. probably makeup or new makeup brush sets or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards