Destination Weddings Discussions

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

What are you doing for New Year's Eve this year? FI and I always stay in and create a buffet of food (this year we're going to have chips and salsa, pepper jam and crackers, buffalo chicken rolls, pigs in a blanket, Jamaican jerk chicken wings and fries) and watch movies. Of course, we turn them off to watch the ball drop at midnight and drink champagne. 
~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

• Wow...you are making my mouth water over here.

We are actually going to Charlotte (we live in Raleigh). We wanted a nice change in scenery without breaking the bank. We are going with another couple and will do dinner followed by drinks. And my best friend's brother just opened a bar so I am excited to check it out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lora, that sounds like fun! We are going for an early dinner at Red Lobster and then hanging out in our Jacuzzi!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • We are going to FI's uncles.  It won't be anything really exciting but that's okay.  We aren't really big party people anyway.  I told FI that I plan on sleeping til 1pm tomorrow though!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Erin, that sounds like fun too! The bar we normally hang out at closes for NYE so we are usually home.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_plans-new-years-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:f8c259ad-5d26-4a14-83cc-6cfa8d38e769Post:5b724bde-e5d5-4d14-b6ee-33c50dae323e">Re: What are your plans for New Year's Eve?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow...you are making my mouth water over here. We are actually going to Charlotte (we live in Raleigh). We wanted a nice change in scenery without breaking the bank. We are going with another couple and will do dinner followed by drinks. And my best friend's brother just opened a bar so I am excited to check it out.
    Posted by Erinkathleen84[/QUOTE]

What part of Raleigh do you live in?  I live in North Raleigh, almost to Wake Forest. 

We're staying in this year.  My cousin and his GF drove down from MD today for NYE with us and the neighbors are coming over...just grilling out and playing games :)
  • Lora- My daughter and I use to always do that.  We'd pick a food theme and I'd make whatever she wanted for it. 

Everyone sounds like they are having a fun time!

This year we are going to Trader Vic' for dinner and then to a friend's party. 
  • Those all sound like great fun!!

We've been going back and forth all day about it b/c we procrastinated haha!  The last 2 years in a row, we've stayed in with friends.  Now this year, we kind of want to go out b/c there is a 95% chance that both my and my girlfriend (of the other couple that we're best friends with) will both be preggo.  So, we're kinda hoping to get out this year since the next several NYE's will probably be spent at home! :) 

I think we're heading across the bridge to St. Pete!  We're going to get a dog friendly hotel that's walking distance to the place we're going!  Now I'm just stressing about what I'm going to wear...

Hope everyone has a blast - and be safe!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI's Mom is holding a NYE party at her house for FI's family and some friends, kids and all :) It will be fun!
  • EM- is Downtown St. Pete doing a block party for NYE?  I love their 1st Friday parties!  And have a beer for me at the Independent (that's where FI and I had one of our best dates)

we're going to a friends house.  They just got back from Costa Rica and we haven't seen them in about a month.  I usually don't like to be on the roads, NYE is amateurs night and just dangerous.  Plus, FI is 99% guaranteed to get called out.
  • We're having a party! I'm so ready for the holidays to be over so I can be done with all the party hosting and cleaning!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are renting a hotel with a few other friends to just hang out and have fun! No one's place was big enough and we thought the hotel would be fun and different! We are bringing movies and games! I'm excited! Hope everyone has a great and safe night!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We made plans last night - a friend of ours and his GF are coming over from the west coast and we got a hotel in Ft Lauderdale for the night so we don't have to drive back (its about 40-45 min and I don't trust people on NYE). We will party it up downtown - I love it there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards