October 2012 Weddings

Kind of New In Town

Hi Ladies,

I was a somewhat active poster a few months back but got really busy with work travel and wedding planning and I hadn't had much to cruise the forums.  But at least for the next few weeks I'm back.   Here are some details about me and our wedding.

Wedding Date: October 5th
# Guest: ~140
Location: Cecil County Maryland, outside on the Chesapeake Bay
Interests: Hiking, swimming, astronomy, painting, anything DIY
Job:  Mathematician

I can't think of anything else you'd want to hear about off the top of my head, feel free to ask.  I look forward to talking with everyone over the next few weeks, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

CC

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kind of New In Town

• Hello! Hope all your plans are going well :)
    Anniversary
  • I want to hear more about being a mathematician!  It sounds fascinating and frustrating all at the same time....I have a history degree, math was not at all my strength.  I do travel quite a bit for work, so the idea of a mathematician doing the same gives me visions of secret think tank work.  :)

Best wishes for your upcoming wedding!
    Photobucket
  • Welcome back.  I used to go to Cecil County to race.  I always had fun there.  Hope all is going well with the wedding planning.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_kind-of-new-in-town?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a2cac2ea-2a10-411f-8084-a171aa9d280aPost:e67fc86f-6727-4935-9902-d27411a16889">Re: Kind of New In Town</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to hear more about being a mathematician!  It sounds fascinating and frustrating all at the same time....I have a history degree, math was not at all my strength.  I do travel quite a bit for work, so the idea of a mathematician doing the same gives me visions of secret think tank work.  :) Best wishes for your upcoming wedding!
    Posted by mlperkins12[/QUOTE]

Haha fascinating and frustrating are very good words for my job!  Unfortunately I can't say much past that I'm a mathematician and that I analysis data sets to find patterns and I create models to <em>hopefully </em>represent real life phenomena. Most days I really enjoy my job but it is somewhat political in nature and that bugs the crap out of me... It's good overall though. 

My FI is a mathematician as well, which is how we met.  It's nice to have someone else around that enjoys math and even nicer that to have someone I can talk to about it without having them cringe away lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very cool!  I love that you both are mathematicians.  It will be fun planning these last few weeks with you.  :)
    Photobucket
  • I hope it will be fun!  The last few weeks have been rough.  Our DJ cancelled at the 6 week mark, that was a hectic few days but we got a new one that I think will be even better.  All's well that ends well.  Plus the zipper on my dress broke last week!!  You pay that much for a dress and they can't put a quality zipper in... A few other thing have gone awry but nothing to major!

Hope everyone else planning is going smoothly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WELCOME  Fellow Ceciltuckian AND Mathematician!  I have a feeling we work in the same area...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_kind-of-new-in-town?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a2cac2ea-2a10-411f-8084-a171aa9d280aPost:8c8fb5f9-a555-429e-9fed-f59f2be01458">Re: Kind of New In Town</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mana you have a PM
    Posted by ccarrion77[/QUOTE]

Back atch!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Another Cecil Countian. It's a small world.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the welcomes and well wishes!

Where are all these cecil county ladies getting married?
    I'm at the Wellwood in Charlestown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never been to the Wellwood, but I heard the food is delicious. We're actually not getting married in Cecil County. We're getting married in Wilmington, DE.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm orginally from PA, we're getting married in Pottstown, PA. 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_kind-of-new-in-town?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a2cac2ea-2a10-411f-8084-a171aa9d280aPost:5e47c5c2-0bf1-4704-aaef-b4178ca440f3">Re: Kind of New In Town</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm orginally from PA, we're getting married in Pottstown, PA. 
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

More and more in common... My mom's family is from Downingtown PA, I was just up there this past weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_kind-of-new-in-town?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a2cac2ea-2a10-411f-8084-a171aa9d280aPost:fb2ca9e7-0802-4fd4-965c-bd656208436f">Re: Kind of New In Town</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kind of New In Town : More and more in common... My mom's family is from Downingtown PA, I was just up there this past weekend.
    Posted by ccarrion77[/QUOTE]

bahaha, wow... yea I'm for Oxford.
    my 2012 shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards