Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Kim- 2nd reception!

So how was it?! Perhaps you already talked about it, but I wasn't around- so do tell! Hopefully it was a good drunken time! Did you end up wearing your dress? Have any pictures? Get any good gifts?

Re: Kim- 2nd reception!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Eh, it was ok. They made food for 150 people, but only 20ish showed up. I found out that she wanted to have it at that time b/c she figured a lot of elderly people from their church would come, and that they would want to get home early. They never did show though, so she was a bit bummed. It was nice though- I took a few pics I'll have to upload to FB. She made a 2 layer lemon cake (DH's fav), and there were lots of cupcakes and sweets, plus turkey, ham, stuffing, and green beans buffet style.

It was super casual/informal, so no dress- it would have looked incredibly out of place, plus it was cold and I didn't want to get it dirty. I did visit it at my parents though- first time I saw it after getting it cleaned. It looks good. No alcohol either, b/c the firehall  they had it at is a community room, so no booze allowed.

MIL specifically told people they did not have to bring gifts (thank goodness, b/c it prob. wouldn't be from my registry, and Iwe have no more room in our apt.), so we got some cards. We did receive a handmade afghan though that is beautiful. It was nice and low-key overall.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh... sounds kinda fun I guess.  That sucks that only 20 people came- and thats a ton of food!  Did you guys 'cut the cake' or do any wedding things? It sounds more like a little get together for her friends to celebrate with you guys.  That's cute.  I can see now why you weren't too excited for it. Did you at least wear a white sweater!? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, no white sweater, and no cutting the cake or other wedding traditions. It was basically just a GTG. It was nice though b/c I got to connect some faces to names, and we don't make it up to his area very much, so at least we got to spend a little time there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, well I'm glad it wasn't too rough! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards