Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions?

124»

Re: Confessions?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:16cca1a8-2285-4b7e-85af-5e40aa69fbaf">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : I'm curvy and my FI loves it =) He makes me feel better about myself all the time.
    Posted by FutureMrsDudley55[/QUOTE]

<div>I think that's the thing I just DO NOT GET about women. You should feel great about yourselves! Its good your FI reminds you that you're sexy, so many dudes are assfucks about it. I never understand how someone like my wife can look in the mirror and not want to fuuck herself right then and there.</div>
  • I confess that I'm really, really angry at myself for not continuing to exercise. I just wrote a long blog about it, but what it comes down to is that I'm used to being able to motivate myself to do ANYTHING. I absolutely have issues with being perfect, but up until about two years ago, it was only being perfect intellectually. I didn't really have any body image issues until right before I graduated from college. Then, all of a sudden, it just hit me. I also feel bad complaining about it since I'm generally happy with my body, but my arms actually repulse me. And as a feminist who's always talking about how the media is warping our minds and how we should love ourselves regardless of our shape, I feel like an ass.

Ok. I'm done now.
  • Biogirl - I think I might end up doing the same thing.  I still have about 6 months to get rid of the weight, but I'm worried it's not going to happen.  I confess to telling people that I dont think my FI will like my dress and that I should go looking for a different one instead of just telling them that I dont think I'll be able to fit into it.
  • Thanks, biogirl. I know that if I feel good, I'll look good, and vice versa :) I'm crossing my fingers that the corset will do it! I graduate tomorrow and so have had massive amounts of stress finishing research, school, and finding a job, etc., so I'm hoping the two weeks between school and the wedding will help me "deflate" physically and mentally! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:140fcaa8-b218-42cb-b8d9-0ce4e257e3bf">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I am little mad my brother and his girlfriend just told me yesterday that she is pregnant and due right around our wedding.  I know I only get one day and all but he's always been the one to get the attention and such from my parents despite never finishing college, getting into an truckload of debt, mooching, and the like.  Just for once I thought I was going to be special and now it's already all abou the baby.
    Posted by mmdpm[/QUOTE]

Where've you been lady?!

And, I bet I'd be disappointed to---but due dates are fickle; it might not even be an issue, KWIM?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went from very fit to having back rolls.  These back rolls have to go before Hawaii in July!
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:f1e547f1-3cbd-4946-a2b5-508258a9114d">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : First of all, that was damn funny.  Second of all, I think you're right about it only being some guys.  Sure, they all have their ideal woman (we all have our ideal man) but I believe that most men, by the time a woman is naked, is just so excited to see a naked woman that they're not too picky.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha this is true but it's not even about seeing something bad and choosing to ignore it because we want to get laid. We really don't see it in the first place</div>
  • DH tells me that he doesn't really care how much I weigh as long as I'm happy.

I confess that I wouldn't want DH to post here. And I'm not even sure about how I would feel about IRL friends posting here.

I kind of like having somethign that I just do for me, you know?

And like, TJ, lately, I'm not posting as much, but I've been lurking. I also just am not having that much to say.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:b219c4a7-1e07-4e09-a706-d192ee219cfc">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Oh I hear you (<strong>most other guys don't but I DO).</strong> Look, I'm married to an awesome woman.. if I didn't think she was awesome I wouldn't have married her. There's really nothing in it for me to be kissing up to a bunch of girls I don't know. I'm genuinely interested in the whole disconnect between what women think they look like and what men think they look like and so I had some things to say on the issue. I don't remember if I said most guys or some guys but I should've said some guys. Most look at women the same why I do we just don't tell them very often. So yes, you're being cynical, but it's cool.
    Posted by brosonhubman[/QUOTE]
    Cute!  I was being douche-y, and I apologize. 
  • Here's a confession to lighten the mood of my other:
    I bought a tote bag from vista print that I had personalized to say "Jessica NewLastName EST: 5/15/10" to take on our honeymoon. Well, I've been using it for the past week as a gym bag.Surprised
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:d1c77a87-756c-44b7-9e1e-6d4ff46d1f14">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poli- for some reason your story of having to shelve your engagement announcement really upset me.  I'm glad to hear your mother is now aware of how hurt you were and is working on avoiding that in the future. I would have been hurt, too!
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucked pretty bad. Actually, the entire summer was pretty horriffic. It was like my family was slowly imploding. It's been uphill from there, but that was one three-month period I'd quite happy get removed from my brain :P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:890fedd5-b9ad-4fc2-8afc-63e88478019d">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Cute!  I was being douche-y, and I apologize. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

<div>You just didn't like what I said, not douche-y. Not a problem!</div>
  • I can't believe that I got "so up in arms" about the original AFSB girls when I made one post in the middle of a thread about it.  I also see no need to comment on it because I have stopped posting or looking at their sorority.  Why is the justification for why I stopped posting over there any of anyone's concern?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I confess that some of the women on the second wedding board annoy the shiit out of me. 

I confess that I am not worried about my wedding at all. 

I confess that my daughter is driving me BSC today!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:ce2b7b3d-5b43-4fee-a1a1-52967d0dbba3">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Haha this is true but it's not even about seeing something bad and choosing to ignore it because we want to get laid. We really don't see it in the first place
    Posted by brosonhubman[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  They're just not judging us (women) as hard as we think they are or as hard as we judge ourselves (and each other).
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • swtasaswtasa member
    First Comment
    I confess to being a total baby and crying today when I got my ring back. I feel kind of dumb for doing it.
    Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:89df4d9e-c483-4fa3-8bc6-39f3339e3dc9">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Exactly.  They're just not judging us (women) as hard as we think they are or as hard as we judge ourselves (and each other).
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup</div>
  • I confess that I finally told this super annoying woman on my month board how I really feel about her and all her stupid drama.  It felt good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • I confess that I spend entirely too much time lurking on TK.

I confess that I am obsessed with losing weight before the wedding. I used to be skinny, too skinny really. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis ten years ago, and my energy level went in the crapper. It ios so hard to motivate myself to work out, and I need to stop using the MS as an excuse. My MS doctor yelled at me and told me that I was choosing not to exercise. No, beyotch. I work full time and I am a part-time student. Trust me, I would love to exercise, but some days I leave my house at 7:30am and don't get back until 9pm. On the days I am home early, I am studying or  oing what I need to do in my life (cleaning, shopping, etc). Weekends? I have classes and homework too.

I just want to drop twenty pounds. I love that my FI loves methe way I am, but I want better!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited May 2010
    When I saw Kasi pop back in a day or two ago I thought to myself, "I bet someone, somewhere, at some point is going to bring up that damn halloween costume, AGAIN."  and sho nuff. 

People are like friggin elephants with that thing, I swear. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • It will never go away apparently.    
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Kasi, don't worry! People eventually stopped trying to kill me for changing my mind about wedding dresses. This, too, shall pass.
  • Haha!  I wasn't around for that one.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • I confess that I would hate it if Dh came on the boards. These are my safe place to vent about in law stuff and self confidence issues.

I also confess that I'm still adjusting to Dh being home all the time. He used to work 11am until 10pm, and I got used to my routine of being home by myself in the afternoon. Now he gets home before I do and it's kind of weird having him around the house all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards