April 2013 Weddings

What special songs are you using?

Just curious as to what you ladies are dancing to at your weddings?

First Dance - Marry Me by Train.  He proposed to me with this song playing, so it is special to us.  I like it, but would have liked Wanted by Hunter Hayes as well.  FI won, and it has a special meaning, so I am good with that!  Plus, it is a beautiful song.

Father Daughter Dance - Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Mother Son Dance - A song for Mama by Boyz 2 Men.

Last Dance Song - We are Young by Fun

Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: What special songs are you using?

• No paragraphs from phone so apologize in advance. Our first dance is Can't take my eyes off you by Lady Antebellum. Mother son dance is Do I make you proud by Taylor Hicks. Me and my poppy, who's walking me down the aisle, are dancing to Stay Gold by Stevie Wonder, from The Outsiders. Bridal party is coming out to the Grease theme song, and I can't decide between One more time or Move your feet by Daft punk for FI and I
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't decided any of that! We're probably not going to have father/daughter mother/son dances, so that's one less thing to figure out.

I forsure want to have "Chicken Fried" played at some point. That's FI's jam!
    He sings it all summer long at the lake. Everyone knows him for that. He's even got little dance moves to match the lyrics... soo funny!

I will get ideas for songs from all of you!
  • First Dance: Then by Brad Paisley
    Father/Daughter: My Dad is picking it and not telling me
    Mother/Son: FI's Mom is picking and I'm sure it will bein Italian
    Grandparents/Parents Entrance: Beautiful Day by U2 or Simpy the Best by Tina Turner
    Bridal Party Entrance: Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis
    Our Entrance: Marry You sung by Glee cast
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    First dance: Then by Brad Paisley (we love this song, and it describes us best)

Parents Songs: These are complicated for us bc my dad and FIs mom have passed. We are doing shortened versions of songs (i.e. only dancing to a song for 1 min 30) we do not want it to be a cry fest bc our parents are not here. I am dancing with my brother to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. FI is dancing to A song for mama by Boys II Men with his aunt (he wanted to dance to what he would have chose to dance with his mom to, and then I am dancing with my mom to Lauren Alaina Like My Mother does, but busting out into a fun song to get party started.

Bridal Party-- our dj makes custom entrances for our entrance so each cople walking in gets a different song. we are still working on this.

Garter toss-Return of the mack
    Garter removal-Overnight by Zac  Brown Band
    garter/bouquet winners : Lets get it on
    bouquet: ?
    Cake:possibly Sunshine by Steve Azar
    Last song:?
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're not having dancing!! lol. But I plan to have the song God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes ready to play when we get home and dance to that, just us 2. Or maybe a different song.. just so we can have a first dance on our wedding day, because we didn't want it in front of other people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Dance - Yer So Bad - Tom Petty
    Father Daughter Dance - Dad's really into music so I'm letting him decide...I think he's leaning towards You've Got A Friend In Me - Randy Newman, but that could change
    Mother Son Dance - Dunno. FI wants his mom to pick, but hasn't talked to her about it
    Final Song - You've Lost That Loving Feeling - Righteous Brothers (it's a tradition with FI and his friends to make that the last song of the night).

We still have to pick parent and bridal party intro songs...I totally forgot about cake cutting and boquette toss, so thanks for the reminder!!
  • Ok sooo me too no paragraphs, posting from home lol I'm walking down the isle to Marry me by train, 1st dance you're still the one by train, garter removal/tosswhat a man salt and pepa, cake cutting poor some sugar on me, def leopard, father/daughter dance because you loved me, Celine dion, mother/ son dance song for mama boys 2 men, Fi's dance with our daughters bowen eyed girl, bouquet toss single ladies by beyonce, last song is don't wanna miss a thing by Aerosmith. Oh and the bridal party is coming out to let's get this party started by black eyed peas, and FI and I to bring em out very edited and short by TI. I think that's all of them... Still not for sure about def leopard for the cake cutting... I love it but think it might be inappropriate lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • 1st dance- Baby I Love Your Way by Peter Frampton
    Father/Daughter-I Loved Her First by Heartland
    Mother/Son-All To You by DJ KEO
    Cake Cutting-Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
    Bouquet Toss-Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
    Garter Toss-Fever by Peggy Lee
    Last Song-Johnny and June by Heidi Newfield
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prelude to ceremony - come live with me by ray charles
    Wedding party entrance - longing to belong - eddie vedder
    bridal entrance - angel by jack johnson
    ceremony recessional - best friend by queen

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards