New York-New York City

Wedding Dress Shopping

Hi everyone!

I'm going to Bergdorf, Kleinfeld's, Wedding Atelier, Priscilla of Boston and Bridal Reflections. 

Have any of you been to any of these?  Any suggestions or tips?  Were any of these willing to negotiate?

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping

• megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Kleinfelds and had a terrible experience, but I know some people that loved it. I think it depends on the consultant you get.

I might also suggest the Designer Loft, they were fabulous!

I didn't find that the salons were willing to negotiate too much. But if you go during a truck show (which I did) you can usually get a great deal on that designer who is showing.
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why was your Kleinfeld experience so bad?  I will check out Designer Loft.  Do you have a rec for a consultant?
  • marisa17marisa17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this might sound odd for a New York City bride, but I spent 1/5 of what most will spend on their dress in  NYC and I got mine at David's Bridal. They are super attentive and I had 2 great experiences there.

My dress looks like it would have costed 2K

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

I love my soon-to-be husband!

• RachRoseKRachRoseK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked Kleinfeld, it's a good place to start as they can show you a lot of dresses and you can try a bunch of different things.  You just have to be prepared for it to be a bit hectic.  Bridal Reflections was great, they give out cupcakes and wine, although they carry fewer designers than K-feld. At Bridal Reflections you can walk through and see every dress they have on the floor.  You should do research before you go to either, see on the website which designers they carry & have some idea of what you like. 
  • prusgirlprusgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Kleinfeld's - they were nice.  I found a great dress for $1000 but I found a BETTER DRESS at RK Bridal for less! 
  • edited December 2011
    I had a really good experience at Kleinfeld and got my dress there.  My consultant was Barbara.  She's very nice, not at all pushy. 
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RK Bridal is great.  I also had a bad experience at Kleinfelds, and sadly whenever i watch say yess to the dress i get pissed off because i didn't get the same experience i see on TV.

Bergdorf's will NOT negotiate at all.
    Saks has a bigger bridal salon, but also will not negotiate.
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Reflections in Long Island, not sure if that's the one you are going to though.  They were very nice, not too pushy at all.  I almost bought my dress there.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Mark Ingram which was awesome so you may want to look into that
  • whitts79whitts79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Mark Ingram's - that's where I ended up getting my dress!
    I also went to Kleinfeld's and had a really great experience. I worked with Sarah there and she was super attentive.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend RK bridal. Great selections and great prices. The only problem is that they don't take appointments, so the best time to go is during the day on weekdays. My sales lady was Olga and she was awesome. I did not however liked their alterations department.
  • MOMCHIKMOMCHIK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Join us at our next stop on the Brides Against Breast Cancer Nationwide Tour of Gowns in Staten Island, NY on October 21-23!

Local brides-to-be will have an opportunity to find their dream gowns while making wishes come true for metastatic breast cancer patients.

The charity wedding gown sale features hundreds of beautiful gowns donated by manufacturers, designers, retailers and individuals. Specific gown prices range from $199 and up, including hundreds of brand name and designer gowns valued up to $8,000. Tiaras, veils, crinolines and other accessories will also be offered. Bridal gown donations will also be accepted for gowns 2006 and newer.

WHEN:
    VIP Night – Mini Bridal Show with Gown Sale
    $40 Bride Admission; $25 Guest Admission
    Thursday, October 21 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
    Order tickets at
    http://babcstatenisland.eventbrite.com/

General Sale – Free Admission
    Friday, October 22 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
    Saturday, October 23 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
    Pre-register at
    http://makingmemories.org/bride_preregistration.html

WHERE:
    The Renaissance
    2131 Hylan Blvd.
    Staten Island, NY 10306

Want to Volunteer? Sign up at
    http://statenislandvolunteers.eventbrite.com/

Proceeds benefit Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to granting wishes to men and women battling stage IV breast cancer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards