Catholic Weddings
Options

Sitting in church today...

and I was thinking how in 5 months from today, we would be getting married there!

I know I am being cheesy but I am so excited.
PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary

Re: Sitting in church today...

• Options
    Not cheesy at all! I think that's the best part of getting married at your home church -- that history -- knowing that 5 months from now, you'll be getting married there. 10 months from now, you'll be able to think, "Wow! We were married here 5 months ago!" It really is a warm and assuring feeling!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not cheesy at all! I'm "newish" in town (almost two years) and only recently joined the Parish. Because of my work schedule, it's easier for me to attend mass at my old Church (I work all day Saturday and Sunday mornings near my mom's, and my new Church doesn't offer Sunday evening mass). BUT I really want us to begin the next chapter of our lives at the new Church, where I hope to one day baptize our children. When I go to mass there, I get butterflies in anticipation of what may be someday. 
    Smile
    ~ES~
  • Options
    That's super exciting, 5 months will fly by! :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree.  Our 6 month anniversary is Saturday and we are going to have dinner at our reception venue.  But every Sunday I am blessed to be in the church where we were united.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_sitting-in-church-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:5fc291d2-408b-4e13-93c6-df58c2435c60Post:834dd557-8036-421b-af7f-630d70f14f18">Re: Sitting in church today...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree.  Our 6 month anniversary is Saturday and we are going to have dinner at our reception venue.  But every Sunday I am blessed to be in the church where we were united.
    Posted by debbiem56[/QUOTE]

Ours, too!  H is coming home for the weekend and we're going to have a real date night!  I feel the same way about our church, too!
    Anniversary

• Options
    It's not cheesy at all!  I've been thinking the same thing each week at mass for months (we're June 2nd).  This past Sunday, I was actually getting a little misty watching the sun shine through the stained glass onto the preist who is going to marry us.  Now that may cross the line into cheesy...

Enjoy the next 5 months.  It will fly by!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am glad I am not alone in my "cheesy" thought.  We do love our parish and this is definitely where we plan to have our children Baptized and sent to school here.  I am so excited to have roots in this parish.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards