Wedding Etiquette Forum

Should we try again?

I know this will probably disappear with all other posts, but I have half an hour to burn before  my next "thing," and that's not enough time to be truly productive, so I'd rather hang out with all of you.  What's up?

Re: Should we try again?

• I'm sitting at home watching more Grey's, haha. I am kinda doing some school work and researching short term loans. My dad paid for my first summer session because financial aid didn't come in on time and now he can't pay his Amx bill Frown 

How's your voice today? 
  • I don't normally join in, so here goes!! I don't teach today, so I think I'm headed to the park to read after I finish my coffee. Anyone read The Other Boleyn Girl? I love all things Tutor, but I also generally read page turning beach reads. 
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Aryn -- hopefully you are onto a better season in Greys.  My voice still isn't here, and I'm trying to keep quiet until my 1pm meeting.

Sunshine -- I did read The Other Boleyn Girl.  I thought it was a decent beach read.
  • Reading at the park sounds like a lovely way to spend the afternoon! I haven't read that book, I saw the movie though haha. 
  • I am not having a good day.  First I deleted all of my emails from my inbox, so I had to sift through 400 something emails to find the stuff that wasn't supposed to be deleted.  Then my bank account overdrafted because I forgot about the check I wrote to the vet.  I love my vet, but I really wish she would take debit cards.  Checks are not my friend.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Aryn, I love Grey's! I had an injury for a while and watched so many. How far in are you?
  • I'm currently on season 6. Only 2 more episodes left of this season (thank God!). 

• You're close!! Just wait until this past season- the best one yet! I didn't have cable for the past couple years, so netflix was all I was watching, so I got into seasons of shows. 
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Laryngitis can last up to two weeks.  I have had it for 5 days, and I'm hoping for a short course, but all the talking I do probably isn't helping me to heal faster.
  • BUT on the plus side, my running list is back here again.  I need some new tunes!

I <3 grey's so hard.  Season 6 sucked, but it has gotten better, by a lot!  It's like the old grey's of awesomeness again.  Season 8 was pretty stellar. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey ladies! I can see this on Chrome, but not Firefox. I was hoping they'd have things fixed this morning, but obviously that was too much to hope for.

I don't have work today, so I'm going to be productve. Maybe I"ll wash my car. FI has a doctor's appointment that I'm going to at 3, also.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mica, I get laryngitis sometimes (I'm a dance teacher constantly screaming over music) and green tea and honey is my best suggestion!
  • I would so go office space on TK right now if I could.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I used to lose my voice all the time in college... it was awful. Nothing I tried really worked either, I just kind of had to wait it out. One time, I had to go to work with no voice and I was a hostess at a restaurant. That wasn't that easy.
  • I do Cfas, but I see no one else!
  • Yea, I've been struggling watching season 6 again but skipping it seemed like cheating so here I am. 

Angel, I'm with you on trying to be productive today. I finally feel a little better and the dishes and laundry have been calling my name. 
  • Aryn, which one was season 6? I don't even remember. 
  • Haha I don't know! Angel says she can only see this thread in Chrome. I can only get on IE at the moment. Stupid work computer.
  • It's the one with the merger, and Izzy leaves, and Shepherd becomes chief, and then the finale is the one with the shooter. And they kill off the annoying new doctors and then the show gets better, haha. Seriously though, that Reed character was awful. 
  • Hahaha.  The dynamics after the shooter were crazy.  The shooter is probably one of the best finales that has happened on grey's though.  But ya, the group sorts itself out after that. 
  • Ahh that one. I think my least favorite season was season 4... is that the one with Rose? Season 6 wasn't great either, although that finale had me at the edge of my seat for 2 hours. 
  • I'm really not pleased about what happened on the finale this season at all... and I think someone else is supposed to die in the premiere. Since several actors just signed 2 year contracts, I have a pretty good idea of who that's going to be and I'm not thrilled. 
  • Is it Sloan? I was shocked they killed off Lexi. Honestly, I thought Arizona would have been the one that could be killed off without disrupting the show much. 
  • They typically kill off people that I like.  Denny, George, Lexi, but Reed I didn't care about at all, so that was okay.  I also don't miss Izzy at all.  I thought I would, but I don't. 

I hope nobody dies in the season premiere.  That would make a shitty premiere.  The original 6 all signed for 2 more years, so we know which three will make it out of the plane crash...

I want chocolate so bad right now. 
  • I think it is going to be Sloan. I know for sure that Derek, Meredith and Christina all just signed contracts. I'm not sure about Arizona though. I hope if it's anyone, it's her. 

Yeah, I didn't like Reed at all and I didn't care about Percy either way, so I was like whatever. I'm glad they didn't kill off Jackson, I love him. I'm curious about how next season is going to work with them all going to different hospitals. 
  • I think that Yang will stay and take over as head of cardio, and Derek won't have a hand, so they will have to stay.  I think a bunch of them will end up staying due to factors involved in the plane crash.  If Arizona dies (or even if she doesn't) she'll be out for a bit and Karev will have to take over.  If Mark goes, he's got Avery.  And with Lexi gone, Kepner will stay because now there's a spot at the hospital.

on a none grey's note, I just had to write an e-mail to my friend's officiant firing him for her because she's too much of a pansy to do it herself. 
  • Habs, that's funny. Why is she (you) firing him?
  • Because he's annoying the piss out of her and stressing her out and she's still three months out and doesn't need him calling every two seconds.  She's worried he'll annoy her on the day of too and stress her out leading up to it.  He doesn't just call and leave a message, he calls repeatedly until someone answers or until he finally gives up (but no message).
  • That's really weird, and creepy. How much could they possibly have to talk about that he needs to harrass her like that? We haven't even talked to our priest yet. FI is supposed to set that up. I assigned that to him in February. If he doesn't get it done, we don't get married in the church, simple as that. 
  • I'll go ahead and admit that I would probably ask a friend to fire someone for me. I am a big pansy when it comes to stuff like that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards