Connecticut
Options

my small, weather related rant...

Okay, so the first time I had to do e-pictures, it was pouring rain and we had to cancel. Ditto the second time. My first bridal show I ever got to go to was right after a blizzard, and I finalized my DJ the day of a tornado....

And now, Bmaid dress shopping this Sunday may be accompanied by our friend Irene to the south... GRRRR! Seriously, why does weather hate me?! Does anyone think David's Bridal would close if Irene was to hit us as a hurricane/strong tropical storm?

I've been looking forward to this for so long, and I honestly don't know when all my BMs and I will be in the same place to do this and go to lunch until December (out of town, jobs that require travel, etc etc.) I'm willing to drive in a storm, and they all are, but seriously weather?

At this rate, my wedding will have a freak blizzard in april, my bridal shower will be accompanied by a Noreaster and my Bachelorette will be freezing cold!!!

Re: my small, weather related rant...

• Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I doubt they will close.  You will be fine! Maybe the weather is good luck for you :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess the weather changes..when I looked earlier, they said nothing
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like it won't be too much up here. They always say we are going to get a hurricane in New England and the worst we get is a rain storm as it has always turned out to sea or pahsed out by the time it gets this far north. Its still too far south.

Unless it is an actual hurricane, I doubt stores will close.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you will be fine! I doubt they wil close.

And hopefully with all this bad weather, you will have great weather on your wedding day! The weather for my engagement party (which was supposed to be outdoor) was rainy and cold even though it was on June 11th :( My dad said that I got my bad weather out of the way and it won't rain on my wedding day - hopefully :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @whitneyf1 - my engagement party was June 11th as well! FI"s family owns a beach cottage, so it was supposed to be outdoors also. The rain came in sideways onto the deck of the beach cottage, his brother got tarps and hung them up. (awesome best man, btw) We joked that the rapture was coming, lol. We also said that it was raining now so it wouldn't rain on the wedding day. How funny!
    And unless it's a crazy hurricane, I doubt stores will close. Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards