Wedding Etiquette Forum

I want to hear your drinking stories from this weekend.

Re: I want to hear your drinking stories from this weekend.

• I drank some NyQuil last night and it made me have terrible nightmares, like it always does.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I drank water and gatorade and sat on my couch.  I'm so exciting!  But I'll gladly live vicariously through others.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My sister's 21st birthday was last night. I got her drinks all night and snuck her waters in between every 2 drinks so she wouldnt be hurting too much this morning. She still got good and drunk though. We danced our asses off with SIL and had a blast. My feet hurt today! No more high heel boots for me!!!

I had a chambord margarita, but I was designated driver so I drank water the rest of the night. Think before you drinkWink
  • We had another couple and H's brother over last night and drank beer, made cocktails, and played games. The other couple left around 2 a.m., H's brother ended up crashing on the couch. It wasn't anything crazy though, just a lot of laughing and dirty jokes. Good time.

Poor H, I had made a cake for dessert and asked him what size piece he would like and he responded "I'll start small for now and expand later." The other girl just learned "In my pants" last night (like following everything with "That's what she said") and immediately caught H's comment. That, ended up being THE joke of the evening.
  • I love the unconventional drinking responses, for real :)

Despite totally f'ing with my calories goals for yesterday, I had a lovely evening. Ended up at an unoffical work party of FI's where the bar played 90's music until 4 AM, and everybody was drunk, gay, British, and hot. I'm hurting now, but it was worth it.

Sarah, the next time you visit, I'm so taking you there!
  • I'm in Cipro, no drinking allowed.  Instead I had some water, diet coke, more water...
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I had a thrilling night with a few vodka cherry cokes and TK/WW drama.  Quite the Saturday night I tell ya.
  • I was the driver, but on Friday H got pretty schnockered and decided to embark on a drinking quest. We were at a restaurant/pub that is locally famous for having a huge selection of beer, and they give out beer cards with numbers for all 131 of their beer selections.  If you drink all of them (which costs more than $1,000 after tip), you get your name on a wall and a fancy stein with your name on it that they refill at a discounted rate. 

So H has a new hobby now apparently. I wonder how long it will take him to finish his first card.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • I did a shot of table salt this morning after my race because my fingers were so swollen.  Woo!

It was gross.  But now my fingers are fine.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Brie, you are my hero.
  • How was the race, Brie??

• It was good.  I don't have my chip time yet, but I think I did 10K in 1:00:30 or so.  I feel pretty good about that.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I went and saw a band called Hairbangers Ball.  Then I went to an irish pub, closed it down.
    Photobucket
  • Wow.  Go you!

• we went to the local Yardhouse for the first time last night. LOVED the beer selection, I had a hard time choosing. FI got a sampler of some wheat beers, which he didn't finish, so I did. I walked away loving 3 more beers. I've also discovered that Lindeman's Framboise Lambic beer (a dark pink raspberry beer, almost tastes like wine) goes REALLY good with ice cream--they offered it as a float. SO. GOOD.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Friday night I was drinking with this hot guy watching AI reruns and The Soup.  Then we ran upstairs, ripped off each other's clothes, and had sexy time.  Hot guy was my husband.  :)

That's all I got.
  • I had a gigantar beer with lunch on our way to spa day. Had wine through our spa treatments and then watched the sunset in our sweatpants with Sunset Seranade martinis....or 5.

And then drank ridiculous amounts of wine and giggled like school children whilst making fun of the Miss America ladies.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Pooh, I LOVE the Lambic Frambois. The concept of it in a float makes me tingle in special places.
  • it was amazing to say the least. I shall definitely be keeping a few bottles at home now to mix with my ice cream. they also offered Young's Double Chocolate Stout as a float too. I need to try that soon too.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I'd first like to get on the "I love your engagement pictures" train. Also, I'm very envious that you are in Chicago.

Friday I went to the eye doctor, had my eyes dilated. Went to my department, found out I passed my last Language exam for my PhD. I'm glad the secretary told me, because I wouldn't have been able to read the pass sheet. Called FI, told him he owed me a beer. Went out to our favorite pub, had a cask-conditioned scotch ale. Was probably tipsier than I realize because I was already feeling spacy/unable to focus on things due to the eye dilation, and scotch ale is something like 8%. It was delicious.

Today has been primarily composed of drinking coffee and working on an assignment. I just learned that my advisor uses "contrarywise" in academic settings, and I'm thinking of Tweedledum/Tweedledee and giggling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks, Morfudd! :)

I'm not sure how much you would have loved Chicago last night... It was f'ing freezing! Where are you located?
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats, morfudd!

Poli and LilG, your drinky stories sound like really fun times. LilG, did you guys go somewhere in Boston for your sis' birthday?

We had some friends over last night for drinks, food, and lots of gaming (BRB and Mario Wii 4 player mode, which is fuckinghilarious). I had about a bottle of Riesling (ouch) and H had SoCo, and after everyone left we continued having a good time a la Heels. ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Toronto. It was also, as you say, f*ing freezing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hmm, my girls and I went to my parent's house for dinner. Hubs was working since, as usual for a Saturday night. I had a glass of wine with dinner, then drove home and was in bed by 10. Yep, I'm old and boring.
  • I'm late to this, but I had great friends over and we drank and we had a pizza-off before playing Wii Dance; it was rather awesome. 

I'm wondering what inspired this post, Poli?

• Hmmm, I'll share :)  FI and I chilled Friday night when I got off work because I was wiped.  Played WoW for a bit but the lag was eff-ing ridiculous so we crashed early.  Saturday my rents came up so me, FI, FBIL, rents and a few of rents friends all went to a local bar and had their amazing bacon cheeseburgers and some beers.  We bar-hopped for a bit (FI was DD--I love him)  Then we ended up at FI and I's favorite bar with a local band that played classic rock and we all got completely snaukered up, including FI!  Took a taxi to our local homestyle-24/7 restaurant with the best cheesy hashbrowns (can't ya tell I'm dieting yet?--haha...yeah)  And all gorged ourselves and laughed and laughed...Got everyone back to motels/home safe and called it a night!  Then FI slept in (which usually never happens.)  All in all, good weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards