Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

XP: Bathroom baskets AND flipflop baskets? Please help

Right now, I'm having trouble figuring out what to put in men's and women's bathroom baskets?  I can think of tampons, advil and thats about it...

Also, for those of you who did flipflop baskets, how it you break down the sizes? 

Re: XP: Bathroom baskets AND flipflop baskets? Please help

• Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... hairspray, bobby pins, tide stain stick, bandaids (thinking of ladies with blisters), mints, tissues
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dental floss, body spray?, deoderant
  • edited December 2011
    Yes to all of those things. Spray deodorant though. Also clear nailpolish for the ladies. I would get Bobby pins and hair pins, safety pins, and a pack of needles and thread. If you're going to get some kind of fragrance spray, I would do some kind of clean scent, not gardenia from b&bw.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the safety pins. My seamstress told me not to leave my hotel room without a bunch of safety pins - just in case.
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_xp-bathroom-baskets-flipflop-baskets-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e1071aee-41d8-4858-9ad3-fdd016fb371fPost:7c77ece9-d1d6-4fd4-96dc-40f1412ff992">Re: XP: Bathroom baskets AND flipflop baskets? Please help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto the safety pins. My seamstress told me not to leave my hotel room without a bunch of safety pins - just in case.
    Posted by Bean32[/QUOTE]

Ha!  I'd be worried if the seamstress told me that
  • edited December 2011
    I might also include gum, mints, tums, aleve or advil, tooth picks, hair ties, shout sticks, lint rollers and static guard...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_xp-bathroom-baskets-flipflop-baskets-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e1071aee-41d8-4858-9ad3-fdd016fb371fPost:6a42adad-8e09-4df4-842b-02514754a30e">Re: XP: Bathroom baskets AND flipflop baskets? Please help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Bathroom baskets AND flipflop baskets? Please help : Ha!  I'd be worried if the seamstress told me that
    Posted by SteveandKris[/QUOTE]

I would be too if I hadn't used her before for other dresses and also have a friend that used her for her wedding gown. I think it stemmed from me only wanting a single button bustle.
  • edited December 2011
    The main thing that was used in my baskets were the Bobby pins and the hair ties. And gum. But most the other didn't look used. Lol oh well
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact solution, quite a few people were happy to have that, in both mens and womans.
  • edited December 2011
    Double sided tape for the ladies

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely contact solution! A travel sized one would be perfect. I mean, I'm the person that's gonna sneak a condom in the men's basket... but that's just me. :)

Hand lotion for the ladies, def. advil/aleve, mouthwash, I might go so far as to put a small pack of dental floss. I hate eating dinner, getting something between my teeth and then stressing about it all night. Tums, tampons, spray deodorant, a decent neutral body spray, static guard, mini lint roller... (all stuff from the dollar store.)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got a few pair of stockings incase one got a huge run. 2 a 2 b and 2 c in nude... cheap brand.
  • edited December 2011
    I just did this last night!

spray deodorant
    hairspray
    contact solution
    bobby pins
    tampons
    Tums
    2 kinds of gum (those orbit packs of 60)
    body spray
    lint roller- mini
    Aleve
    bandaids
    lotion
    shout wipes
    dental floss
    safety pins

I didnt do a mens, I didnt think it was worth it and they would really use it!  

and as for flip flops, we have 300 guests. I did :
    9- 5 pairs
    8- 10 pairs
    7- 15 pairs
    6- 10 pairs

Wow- my basket felt empty last night- and now that I see all of it typed out it seems like a TON of stuff!! lol
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies,

Thank you for your help.  I posted this on my month board as well, as although it wasn't suggested here, I feel like I must remind you that acetominophen (tylenol, most excedrin products) should not be mixed with alcohol. 
  • edited December 2011

Thanks, doc ;)

Aleve & Ibuprofen are a-okay, though... right?

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards