Attire & Accessories Forum

Long bridesmaid dresses at a beach wedding?

I found a bridesmaid dress that I want the girls to wear. Its a long dressand my bridesmaids are saying it won't work, that tea length dresses are more appropriate for a beach wedding. What are your opinions can I have long bridesmaid dresses for a beach wedding or is it a kind of taboo of some sort?

The fabic is very light and airy and honestly would look great on all the girls. I will take their fellings into consideration for sure but I really do love the dress.

Re: Long bridesmaid dresses at a beach wedding?

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    What kind of fabric is it made of?  I think if it is a soft flowy chiffon style dress then it should be fine.  I mean brides get married on the beach in long dresses all the time so I don't really see the difference.

But I would take your BMs feelings into consideration.  If they all aren't a fan of long dresses I would consider going short.  But not tea-length.  You have to be the right height to pull one of those off well.

• long flowy thing materials are fine! I was going to do that if I was marrying on the beach :)
  • I'd love to see it but long and airy dresses would be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards