Texas-Houston

My big fat Mexican Wedding

Hello Ladies!
First of all Congratulations to all of you and I hope your planning is going well. I'm getting married August 2013 and already have my church booked. Now it's time to seriously get to work and book the venue.  My fiance and I come from a huge Hispanic family. Our guest list looks to be shy of 400. I'm not too fond of having an outdoor wedding because the weather in Houston in August can go either way (very dry heat or hurricane season in full swing).  We don't want to necessarily break the bank on just the venue. I would really appreciate any suggestions on venues I should check out in Houston that would accomodate about 350-400 (or more) around $8,000. 
Keep in mind our families LOVE to dance, so a decent dance floor will be a factor.

Thanks in advance! 

Re: My big fat Mexican Wedding

• ARHDARHD member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    The petroleum club of houston has their petroleum room, which is a 10k minimum. BUT, its actually a $50pp minimum , so with 400 I think that might be too much for you. You can always see if they will work with you though. I think their max for that room is 350 though.
  • You have a PM
  • Does the $8000 include food & drink?

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Chateau crystale ballroom, they even allow you to bring catering and alcohol, they provide the bartender.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_my-big-fat-mexican-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:0e62b5c7-d4f5-4ff0-8420-d65b5a8f761aPost:9ac08503-bdc2-492e-874c-72ef78d72f1e">Re: My big fat Mexican Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chateau crystale ballroom, they even allow you to bring catering and alcohol, they provide the bartender.
    Posted by vpine[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, I will be sure to check it out! We actually were looking at the Pavilion on Gessner. It holds up to 475 (combining two ballrooms) and runs about 6500 for a Saturday evening event. The left over $2000 in the budget could potentially cover the cost for food. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards